It's about damn time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's about damn time...

Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

I currently have the exact same problem with my 3rd gear. Mazda Protégé 92. No other problems with any other, but I have no money to fix it, plus I don't really need it.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

You don't need what, the gear or the car?

Wanna know what's great about driving a Mazda? I just ordered a trans with 40K miles on it for $300 shipped to my doorstep.

Comment

LOL, the gear dude, the gear!

Comment

Does it make a crazy loud grinding noise regardless of what gear you're in?

Comment

Nope, just in 3rd, but not 'crazy loud' just grinding noises when in 3rd. The rest work numero uno, no funky sounds either.

Actually, if the car isn't moving, I can put it into 3rd and it actually works.

Comment

Weird. Sounds like it might be a synchro, but I'm no tranny expert.

Comment

Lucky bastard.. cost me $2800+tax to get my transmission fixed ( 2001 Impala)
                We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Well, it helps a lot if you and a few friends do the work yourself. Plus, manual trannies tend to be cheaper.

Next time you need a part, check out www.car-parts.com. It's a listing of all the junkyards. A lot of the places listed the trans for $1K+, but you just have to look around for a good deal.

Comment

nice link.. I will use that next time I have to fix something on my car..
                    damn.. they don't have Oxygen sensors listed .. my rear one is busted
                    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Rear O2s do jack anyway, but just to make the CEL go away, you could just go to any auto parts store and get a generic O2 for like $50. They have 4 wires, and you can just wire it in place of your stock one.

However, are you SURE that your rear O2 itself is bad? Or is it your cat? If it IS your cat, I have a good, cheap fix for ya.

Comment

Working...
                      X