VS9 and VMR on Matrox P750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VS9 and VMR on Matrox P750

I bought the upgrade to VS9 to play with until MSPRO8 comes out and one of the interesting features I found is the ability to turn on DV timecode display in the preview window. this setting has to be enabled first under "Preferences", at which point Ulead warns that the graphics card must support VMR. I am using a Matrox P750 which according to Matrox should support VMR. However the preview window does not display any DV timecode for me.

Has anyone successfully used this feature on a Matrox card? I am anxious to have access to the information to be able to add subtitles to my family videos. I have seen it work on higher end NLE programs and it would be really cool if Ulead has it working in VS9.

I found it! It is not very obvious and all the right conditions have to be in place I guess, but it is so useful!

1. You have to be in the Edit Mode
    2. You have to select the Storyboard view, not the timeline view. I work mostly in timeline view, I guess because I am so used to MSPro
    3. You have to select the Clip Mode, not Project Mode
    4. Click on the Play button

I have a sample screen but don't know how to include in a post, if anyone is interested.

Fred
    Last edited by fberger; 1 June 2005, 20:38.

Comment

Thanks for the followup post.

You saved me a lot of typing

Inclide images by typing [img]url to an online file[/img]

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X