No announcement yet.

I need to show this to my housekeeper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to show this to my housekeeper!

P.S. You've been Spanked!

Japanese are very critical about folding cloths, especially Kimono's and Hakama's I didn't know it was such a ritual!

After two years of Jodo, I still don't know how to fold my Hakama, or my Tshirts for that matter LOL

Thanks for the link

Cheers,
    Elie

Comment

hmm.. just pull my clean clothes out of the dryer and hang them unfolded over the back of a chair..

Schmo.. you have a housekeeper?? What kind of coin are you bringing in anyhow?

Comment

Gurm and I get a weekly subsidy from the World Zionist League.

Seriously, she comes once a week. Keeps my place respectable looking.

I can bring girls over anytime without worrying about the smell, etc. Of course, I don't really have time to bring girls over. *sigh* But I could, and that's what counts.

It's not cheap, but I look at it as a cost save compared to what my time is worth.

Comment

Well, I firmly believe that I can properly design and build a house that would be so well organized that I would never need to lift a finger to clean up, but I have neither the time nor the money so **** it.. I'll keep the mess.

Comment

I got the wife to see it but she wasn't impressed.I guess it's not as if I fold my own t-shirts anyway
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

You need to go to the army to learn the art of folding shirts, T-shirts and other clothes. If they didn't like the way you had your stuff folded (ie edges weren't lined up) they threw your stuff out (in the room in most cases). In one case the officer threw someone's closet through the window and in some cases clothes ended up flying through the window.
              Last edited by UtwigMU; 2 June 2005, 09:35.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
                You need to go to the army to learn the art of folding shirts, T-shirts and other clothes. If they didn't like the way you had your stuff folded (ie edges weren't lined up) they threw your stuff out (in the room in most cases). In one case the officer threw someone's closet through the window and in some cases clothes ended up flying through the window.
                Nice to know their priorities are in line.

Looks like these guys are painfully desperate for a reason to exist.

Comment

Well it was mainly done during first month in the drill camp when instilling discipline was a bit neccessary. When we got to artillery it was a lot better, also the average IQ of officers there was higher (you need to know maths to be able to calculate trajectories and distance between points).

Anyway after army I was able to fit a lot more clothes in the same space and I still fold my shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                    Nice to know their priorities are in line.

Looks like these guys are painfully desperate for a reason to exist.

Well its totally obivious that you where never in the military...the reason that was done was to make the soldier pay attention to detail.
                    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
                      Well its totally obivious that you where never in the military...the reason that was done was to make the soldier pay attention to detail.
                      A typical moron exercise devised by and meant for morons. I really don't give a damn if my clothes are not perfectly folded, because it allows me to concentrate on IMPORTANT things. If I were a soldier, such important things would include whether that building had enemy combatants hiding inside, etc. I would be a dead man if I was so browbeaten by my friggin moron of a CO into obsessively worrying if my underwear was folded perfectly. I have known too many former and current officers and NCOs whose task in the military was to beat soldiers into shape like this. They are the most obnoxious and stupid subhumans It has ever been my displeasure to know, and are probably better off being destroyed when their hitch is up, just like those attack dogs mentioned in another thread here.

Comment

KvH, you just love getting flamed don't you?

Come on man, not every thread is a soap box.

How'm I gonna show this thread to my housekeeper now?

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                          A typical moron exercise devised by and meant for morons. I really don't give a damn if my clothes are not perfectly folded, because it allows me to concentrate on IMPORTANT things. If I were a soldier, such important things would include whether that building had enemy combatants hiding inside, etc. I would be a dead man if I was so browbeaten by my friggin moron of a CO into obsessively worrying if my underwear was folded perfectly. I have known too many former and current officers and NCOs whose task in the military was to beat soldiers into shape like this. They are the most obnoxious and stupid subhumans It has ever been my displeasure to know, and are probably better off being destroyed when their hitch is up, just like those attack dogs mentioned in another thread here.
                          Boy - you really don't know what you're talking about, do you?

First, not everyone who enters the armed services is a moron. The training regimen is intended to stress the trainees mentally and physically, so that they will be better able to cope with the stress of war. As a smart guy in the Army, I was able to see and categorize the methods they were using (sleep deprivation, physical exhaustion, intimidation, possibly drugs, etc.) to make us get with the program. It sure seemed like the drill sergeants were mean a$$holes, and some may be, but their job is actually a very difficult one. Imagine being the drill sergeant who doesn't train people well enough, and all your students end up getting killed. Drill instructors have the highest burnout rate of any MOS in the Army.

One can look at any action they take, and there is a good (in a training sense) reason for it.
                          As GT98 mentioned, the shirt folding exercise is to get you to pay attention to detail. There are a thousand things you have to do if you're involved in a military action. If you can't get the shirt folded right, how can they rely on you to be able to load a weapon, or even worse, to clear a stuck round or reload an ammo magazine? If you can't fold a shirt correctly, in the relatively quiet barracks, are you going to remember to tie your shoes when you get rousted out of bed in the middle of the night because you're under attack? Will you remember to take extra ammunition or the cleaning kit or your food along? If you can't be bothered to get a simple task correct, why should your superiors believe that you can be bothered to correctly do something complex, especially under the immense pressure of battle? In a chemical attack, if you neglected to put your Mark I kit in the right cargo pocket of your pants, your buddy can't find it, and you die. If your underwear is always on the right side of the top drawer, you can find it in the dark.

Every time they make you do push-ups, you get stronger. It sucks when you're on the ground doing them, but the next time you drop for 40, it's that much easier. A 17-mile march in 85 degree weather with full pack and weapon - well, it's worse in Iraq right now.

And remember, this is Basic Training - this is only the stuff that everyone needs to know. As a fire control systems repairer, it's unnecessary for me to know how to tell if there's an enemy in a building. I'd better pay attention to what the diagnostic tools tell me though, or somebody's going to lose their lives, and their $1.2 million tank.

When you get out of training, they loosen up a lot on this kind of thing. At AIT, we learned about the job we were headed for, and we did physical training. There were inspections, and we had to keep the barracks clean, but it was much more centered around job related skills, not the "typical moron exercise devised by and meant for morons" of basic training.

It's unfortunate, but the military has to have procedures that everyone follows - no matter how smart they are. The procedures are made for the lowest common denominator, but if people start taking shortcuts, the results may not be compatible with what their co-workers are expecting, and that's dangerous on the battlefield.

- Steve

Comment

Well said Steve!

Comment

Originally posted by spadnos
                              As GT98 mentioned, the shirt folding exercise is to get you to pay attention to detail. There are a thousand things you have to do if you're involved in a military action. If you can't get the shirt folded right, how can they rely on you to be able to load a weapon, or even worse, to clear a stuck round or reload an ammo magazine? If you can't fold a shirt correctly, in the relatively quiet barracks, are you going to remember to tie your shoes when you get rousted out of bed in the middle of the night because you're under attack? Will you remember to take extra ammunition or the cleaning kit or your food along? If you can't be bothered to get a simple task correct, why should your superiors believe that you can be bothered to correctly do something complex, especially under the immense pressure of battle? In a chemical attack, if you neglected to put your Mark I kit in the right cargo pocket of your pants, your buddy can't find it, and you die. If your underwear is always on the right side of the top drawer, you can find it in the dark.
                              "I cannot fiddle, but I can make a great state from a little city- Themistocles" (Quoted from Lawrence of Arabia, where Lawrence is speaking to a moron who happened to be a General.)

Like I said, I have known these people. There may be purpose to their moronity, but it is still moronity, and when they get into civilian life, they are worthless. Don't ****ing tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, either. I live next to the biggest Army Base in the "free world". I worked with an ex-drill sargeant who was a stupid, obnoxious bully from hell. Everyone hated him. I have had retired officers try to bully me in my job, and they are lucky I didn't egg their puny brains into attacking me (they were that close) so I could sue their asses. They should be destroyed rather than let out if they can't behave themselves in normal society.

Comment

Working...
                              X