LCD screen with real dual inputs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD screen with real dual inputs?

Fellow Murcers I'm looking for a LCD screen, but one with real dual inputs like some CRT's have (physical switch on the front panel to switch between the two inputs so you can use the CRT screen with 2 PC's).

Google isn't really a help because searching for dual inputs returns LCD screen with DVI/VGA inputs but they are all non-switchable offcourse . So does anyone know if such LCD-creens already exists?
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

My Dell 2001FP is just like this - I have it connected to 2 machines (I think it actually has 4 inputs - VGA/DVI-D/something/SVHS iirc but I don't use the last 2) and all the different inputs are switchable between with a button on the front.
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I know my Dell 2005fpw is switchable from dvi/vga/svideo/composite or can go picture in picture and picture by picture (split) between any two sources.
      I've heard somewhere that it's made by Samsung (if Dell is not available to you)
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

How do you mean, my samsung 193p, you just hold down the power button and it switches inputs.

Comment

I would guess that you'd get an entirely different set of results by searching google for "dual input"!
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, so it seems that most LCD's can do this but it isn't clearly mentioned in the specs, samsung even calls it "dual CPU input". I asked because from the people I know only a few have LCD's and they aren't switchable (some even only had one input).
            Last edited by KeiFront; 1 June 2005, 13:33.
            Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
            Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
            Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

I've only seen it with RGB and DVI, I've never seen it with two DVIs unless it was a high rez screen that needed to be driven by two cards or one card with dual dvi and special drivers.
              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I just got a new lcd at work today and it has 1 DVI and 1 Analog input. It is a 19" NEC Multisync 1970NX
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I've seen several Eizo 20-21" TFT monitors at work that have a button on the front for switching inputs. My AG F-419 has dual inputs, but you have to go into the menu to swap between the two.
                  Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

My Eizo (L568) has dual inputs (dvi + analog) and can be set to switch automatically between the inputs (this setting can be disabled), and you can switch manually between them (dedicated button on the front, no menu needed).

FWIW, my old CRT (Philips Brilliance 107) has dual inputs (analog + bnc), but the dedicated switch is at the back...

Jörg
                    pixar
                    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                    X