Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ulead, Comutex '05 and MSPro8....

First some interesting press releases;

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

You have to read between the lines when reading press releases. The important part of this one re: MSPro is the following;

"Customers can look forward to a rapid series of releases delivering HDV/DTV Capture/DVD recording, video/audio editing"

You also have to understand that those of us who know what's coming with MSPro are under non-disclosure agreements (NDA's) that won't let us get into too many specifics.

That said this much I feel is OK to report as much of it can be condensed from Ulead statements and posts, press releases, forum interplay etc.:

* MediaStudio Pro 8 is coming this year and yes, those with NDA's have seen it. I can't be specific about the timeline.

* The improvements are not just big but ENORMOUS. Don't be apprehensive about this; it's still MSPro and familiar. You will, however, have plenty of reading to do because of all the new toys.

* As noted in the above press release HD is going to be in the mix, but it's just one of many big news items. Tongues will be wagging.

* Toto, we ain't in Kansas any more....

GAWD....I hate NDA's 'cause I could post for days on this

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

What is interesting is that the eggs are in the HD/DVD AND BluRay baskets. Win/win situation in a position that has been cited as paralleling the VHS/Betamax war of many years ago.

Not just ENORMOUS but ENORMOUS
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Brian; do you think we could come up with a better metaphor than ENORMOUS in its various fonts/styles/sizes? I've been trying

Jezzz....after installing it I spent the first three days just drooling on my keyboard

Dr. Mordrid
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 1 June 2005, 08:43.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

But how much of this ENORMOUS effects the user still using DV or is the ENORMOUS changes mostly for the benifit of those using HDV??

If so, I will stay with MSPRO7
        paulw

Comment

The vast (VAST) majority of the changes affect not just HD/HDV but every other format as well. As Yoda would say: "Fundamental, the chagnes are...."

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by paulw
            But how much of this ENORMOUS effects the user still using DV or is the ENORMOUS changes mostly for the benifit of those using HDV??

If so, I will stay with MSPRO7
            I, along with most Europeans, am not into HD, as the standards have not yet been decided upon here. You cannot even buy a true HD TV set, although some have a sticker, saying "HDTV ready", meaning the display will handle anything that's thrown at it through the SCART plug, but the decoder must be external.

So, ENORMOUS means for common-or-garden DV25 for me.
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Well, for all those that said 7 months to wait, it might only be 6 now!

I am pinning my hopes on a "buy MSP7 full version now and get a free upgrade to MSP8" like Ulead did before MSP7. I don't have the full MSP7 version but feel upgrading to MSP8 full version would be beneficial, if only to get AC-3 (OK, I can use MPEG Layer 2 as I am in PAL-land), DV timestamp (part of Service Pack 2 I believe), some fancy transitions and hopefully better integration with DVDWS 2.231 full version

Am I asking too much?

Comment

Only 32 bits version or... ?

Comment

Sorry, but minimum and recommended system spec information falls under the NDA.

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Media Studio Pro

I read your post and i was very impressed and was left with great anticipation for Pro 8. What i would like to know is if you can point me in the direction of some other sites that have finish work that someone has done using MediaStudio Pro software application? I am need to see what kind of Presentations, productions this software is actually capable of.

Robert

Comment

What websites are out there that may possibly have some work done by MediaStudio Pro software? I would like to see what this software is capable of.

Robert

Comment

The question is better stated as what it can't do, and that isn't much.

I've been editing event video with MSPro7 for several years. As indicated in my tag I also have a Matrox RT.X100 realtime card w/Premiere Pro and yet I find myself coming back to MSPro for the majority of my work.

One major reason is how it handles image sequences, which is better than any editor I know of. It supports keying them with an alpha channel and even has its own proxy filetype, Ulead Image Sequence.... *.uis, that facilitates loading and using them just like you would a DV file. It can even preview them in realtime

And did I mention it comes with a rotoscoping tool; Video Paint?

MSPro is full of not so little things like these....and MSPro 8 is going to have tons more goodies.

Dr. Mordrid
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I'm happy Ulead is still going strong.

I'm a former Ulead beta tester and I know how much work can be involved in that process.

It currently appears that I am not going to be able to spend as much time on video in the days ahead, unfortunately.

I have been admitted to a master's degree program in library science at the University of Hawaii in Honolulu for Fall 2005.

I've been searching for the right job here in Idaho, but nothing truly worthwhile has materialized.

So I'll very likely be a full-time student again starting in August.

I still have my JVC JY-HD10, which is a 720P, single-chip HDV camcorder.

Unfortunately, my fastest computer - an AMD Athlon XP3200+ - STILL doesn't seem to have enough power to play back HDV streams reliably without stutters.

So I might buy a Toshiba laptop with an INTEL 3+ghz processor.

Those new Sony 3-chip 1080i HDV camcorders look unbelievably cool.

I'll stay in touch and I'll let you know if I get my student housing figured out in Honolulu.

The idea of shooting even 720p HDV in Kauai is intriguing to me.

I suppose I'll get some time to do that.

Later,

Jerry Jones
                          Last edited by Jerry Jones; 10 June 2005, 13:25.

Comment

Working...
                          X