Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell Canada's "10 Days of Deals" thread

Just started today... http://www.dell.com/html/ca/en/segme...dell_main.html

Today's deal: iomega 80GB Portable Hard Drive. $89 marked down from $153.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

excellent.. let's hope for a 24" widescreen for $399
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Yeah, that'd be sweet. Or maybe an Axim x50V for $299. Fingers are crossed.
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I don't trust anything from Iomega. Everything Iomega I've ever owned or sold has met with an untimely death.

I didn't appreciate the rebate scam that they were running either.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
          I don't trust anything from Iomega. Everything Iomega I've ever owned or sold has met with an untimely death.

I didn't appreciate the rebate scam that they were running either.
          So young yet so cynical!

Comment

I've sold dozens of Iomega products. Many failed within a year. Getting warranty service was almost impossible. The ones that lived beyond a year usually died shortly thereafter. Their email support was a bot that would look for key words in your question and auto-reply with useless generic faq's.

And as far as their rebate program was concerned... You were required to send them your "original" receipt and I can attest that with absolute consistency among my customers that if the forms were sent by regular mail, the rebate would never be received. Only those customers who sent their rebate application via registered mail received a rebate.

A class action lawsuit should have been filed against them.

Comment

remember the sparq drives? .. says it all right there..
              I did have a zip drive back in the days when having such was cool, and it never gave me the dreaded click of death.. so I suppose the odd usefull product made it through.

Comment

was it a parallel port drive?

Comment

Internal SCSI.. paralle port drives of any sort resorted to black magic most of the times

Comment

I hated that the internal SCSI drives didn't play nice with other SCSI devices. Iomega's recommendation was to run them on a separate controller, which they eventually started supplying.

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                      I hated that the internal SCSI drives didn't play nice with other SCSI devices. Iomega's recommendation was to run them on a separate controller, which they eventually started supplying.
                      I've got one STILL hooked up to my adaptec scsi controller, and never had a problem - or the click of death.
                      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I've still got a working Iomega 44 MB Bernoulli box (SCSI) and carts. I initially used it to back up my Mac Classic and then used it on my SCSI PCs. $100 for a 44 MB cart made it useless after a while, though it still works.
                        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Today's deal: 19" LCD TV for $649, regularly $899. Meh.

Edit: They also have a Harmony 628 Remote Control for $74, regularly $149. Better...

Comment

I think I will pass on these too.. hoping for a nice big widescreen ( and a bonus cheque to pay for it all ).. I think I can justify it as a birthday present for myself, comming up soon now

Comment

haha sweet. looks like i am gonna be broke AGAIN.

Comment

Working...
                              X