X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABIT's nForce4 SLI Fatal1ty

http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/...px?i=2434&p=10

Almost as funny as when they were going to release a server board! :P
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Does that Nuke cover hide a button to clear the CMOS? Who is this fatal1ty punk anyway?
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
      Does that Nuke cover hide a button to clear the CMOS?
      Yup.

Actually, the Fatal1ty for Intel CPUs is supposed to be pretty good, but the nForce4 one doesn't perform as well as some other brands, so it's not getting much attention. That drive bay is actually pretty handy, I think. 1394 and USB out the front, yay.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

LOL I would NEVER put that drive pay on my Cooler Master case. It just... doesn't match.

I liked the look of the IT7-MAX2 and similar boards, but once they start releasing Fatal1ty boards, I don't really like them... too much useless overkills like fans and junk.

I love my DFI board.

Comment

Just like their previous Fatal1ty motherboards, ABIT moved the on-board audio onto a separate card to reduce interference and improve sound quality:
          I wish more mobo makers did this, then it easy to just leave that card in its antistatic bag and use a good soundcard
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
            Does that Nuke cover hide a button to clear the CMOS?
            Best.
            Overclockers Aid.
            Ever.

I've so wanted to build one of those into my O/Clocked PCs - I was planning either a toggle switch with one of those flip covers like a missile arming switch or an old keyboard lock switch from an old AT spec case.
            Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
              I wish more mobo makers did this, then it easy to just leave that card in its antistatic bag and use a good soundcard
              Hmm... for average joe like me I don't really care about sound quality as long as its "ok".

My DFI board has a seperate riser sound module. Only problem is the PCB is too tall and can't be fit coz my 120mm chassis fan is in the way. lol. then I just took out some random spare sound card I have... until X-fi gets cheap and is on PCIe

Comment

Working...
              X