Left/right handed mouse??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left/right handed mouse??

Long story short... I'm starting to feel all the mouse work in my right hand and I want to get a new mouse at work that I can use with either hand so I can alternate a little. Does anybody have any recommendations?

Only requirements... must be "designed" to use with both hands, and it has to be a good quality mouse.
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

A lot of the Microsoft and the less fancy Logitech mice are symmetrical. Any one of them will do for left handed use.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Shop our collection of keyboards - Shop these 2 items and explore Microsoft Store for great apps, games, laptops, PCs, and other devices.

Either of those will do nicely.
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Must it be a mouse?

Kensington makes nice trackballs (I have two of them: one at home, one at the office ):
        From docks to locks and everything in between, we’ve got what you need. And we’re proud to be a leader in desktop and mobile device accessories.

They also make mice (I have no experience with them, but if the quality is similar to their trackballs...):
        From docks to locks and everything in between, we’ve got what you need. And we’re proud to be a leader in desktop and mobile device accessories.

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

A friend of mine is left handed and he uses a mx310 http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=6952
          Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
          Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
          Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Thanks guys.... I'll check those out. Guess I should go to a store a see how they fit my hand. I was also considering this one from MS:
            Shop our collection of keyboards - Shop these 2 items and explore Microsoft Store for great apps, games, laptops, PCs, and other devices.

From the MS site that should also work well with both hands.

VJ: Those look very nice. Unfortunately it seems kensington hardware is difficult to find over here (Denmark). I COULD buy online but then it'd be a total stab in the dark. How long did it take you to "master" the trackball? It'd take some getting used to I assume!? And even more so for using it with my left hand.
            If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

The Kensington devices are hard to find here too... Before I had the trackball, I had an idea it would be more comfortable, so after purchase it didn't take me that long to get used to it. But if you don't feel comfortable with the idea of a trackball (people differ, some hate it), it really is a shot in the dark (and it might be safer to stick with what you are familiar with)....

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

Hmm...I would gladly try a trackball; only problem is, the cheapest reasonable looking one is 3x times more expensive than reasonable mouse (everywhere is like this?). Oh well...

BTW VJ, how's that double-pointer driver working?

Comment

I'm currently having other issues (and I need my PC), so I won't try the driver at the moment. I'll test it probabely next week or so.

And yes: trackballs are more expensive, and you never have a chance to test them (they are never demonstrated in the shops).

Jörg
                  pixar

Comment

Working...
                  X