• Show
Clear All

• Deep Throat comes out of the closet?

Deep Throat comes out of the closet?

Not many details yet.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

What can I say.. I was not thinking Deep Throat in this respect
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

I had read that Felt was quoted as saying in '99 that he wasnt't DT and he would have done a much better job of it. Riiiight.

P.S. BTW ... breaking news, the Post has now confirmed this as true ... http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/05/...oat/index.html. See CNN front page currently for the breaking news.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ (though need to register for story)
        Last edited by xortam; 31 May 2005, 15:25.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I wonder why they decided to make it public now. Any guesses? Did the articles say? If so, I missed it.

Euphemism of the day: “social companion”

I guess my generation would call that a "f*** friend"! ROFLMAO at the idea of substituting the two phrases in the article... "Felt's daughter, Joan, got a call from Yvette LaGarde, who had been a f*** friend of her father..."
          Last edited by schmosef; 31 May 2005, 16:39.
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Out of curiosity, who around here was alive, and old enough to remember the Watergate scandal, when it broke?
            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Makes me wonder if someone was coming after him so he figured it better to get it out now and in the open?

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                Out of curiosity, who around here was alive, and old enough to remember the Watergate scandal, when it broke?
                To the best of my recollection, I was alive and old enough to remember, although (to the best of my recollection) I was in my early teens.

And I am not a crook.

Paul

Comment

Euphemism of the day: “social companion”

I guess my generation would call that a "f*** friend"! ROFLMAO at the idea of substituting the two phrases in the article... "Felt's daughter, Joan, got a call from Yvette LaGarde, who had been a f*** friend of her father..."
                  F*** buddy, or "friend with benefits."
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

surely nobody is really THAT old around here.
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

I am. I was ~22 when Watergate hit.

The funny part of the whole thing is that both Nixon and the Dems were pulling similar operations. In fact the whole Watergate break-in was done to uncover information on the Dems operation.

The only difference was that Nixon got caught.

Funny thing is that contrary to the PC conventional wisdom a lot of what "Deep Throat" gave Woodward & Bernstein didn't check out after the facts were known. His real contributions were twofold;

1. his (faulty) information garnered enough publicity to keep the story going

2. enough insiders got scared that they turned states evidence to save their own sorry asses, which is where most of the actual facts came to light.

Dr. Mordrid
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

As President Nixon says, presidents can do almost anything, and President Nixon has done many things that nobody would have thought of doing.

- Golda Meir

Comment

I have *most* of Nixon's resignation speech on a cassette tape that I recorded off the TV. I was racing home to record it and got there just in time to miss the opening minute or so. :P

I was watching John Dean's testimony before the Watergate Committee with my brother Loren and I asked Loren if he thought Dean was telling the truth. He snorted and said "No."

Watergate and Nixon's resignation left a lot of people eating crow. Some of them still can't get the taste out of their mouths.

Kevin

Comment

I remember the hearings.. I was extremely sick of that being the only thing on TV, just as I couldn't understand why my parents would watch that bloody war on the news night after night after night.. the perspective of a little kid..

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                              I am. I was ~22 when Watergate hit.
                              OMG that means I was ~20.
                              I guess time does fly when you're having fun....

PS Nixon's problem wasn't the break in, it was using Govenmental Power to help the cover up.
                              Chuck
                              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                              X