Real Time software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Time software

Hi there! Anyone knows about any software that could be used to capture real time with effects like logo, video color inversion, mirror or inverted image, etc... Think they are quite simple effects that dont need to go to video editor software and spend lots of time processing...
    I do some jobs like local commercials for companys but can´t spent yet money with advanced video hardware.
    Have a G200+RR and since i don´t use it for gaming, still think that it rocks! Thank you

You don't say what kind of signal you're trying to capture, but if you are using RR to capture a decent analogue signal, then forget it. I doubt whether it would be possible even with DV. Just think. Your RR (presumably in native mode) is converting the signal in real time to MJPEG. This signal would then need decoding for your processing by your CPU applying a codec. This would then need a helluva lot of CPU/RAM horsepower to actually do whatever it is you want to do. Having done that, the CPU would then have to re-encode to whatever format and re-render, using the presumably same codec, and then send it to disc (and when a CPU does that, DMA is disabled). All this in real time. If you had 4 powerful CPUs/RAM sets, each doing one part of the job, yes, you may be able to do it, if you could find a software guy willing to write you an ad hoc proggy to drive them. Might cost you a million or three.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Kaospt
      capture real time with effects like logo, video color inversion, mirror or inverted image, etc...
      If you think that's quite simple, you're wrong. Capturing with all these video processing jobs in real time is a very demanding job, if not impossible. It leads me to think only an Avid Adrenaline could handle that, but then you're talking big time professional equipment with equivalent prices.
      -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
      2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
      Matrox Parhelia 128
      Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
      Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
      Maxtor 300 GB for video
      Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
      Win XP Pro

At work:
      Avid Newscutter Adrenaline.
      Avid Unity Media Network.

Comment

Hi there!
        First off all, thank you very much for your replys.
        I really understand what u meaning about realtime capture IN COMPUTER, and that´s is all correct. But what about the capture made by an external equipment? G200 Mystique have the tv-out. Sometime ago, i found some acessibility software that as example inverted my desktop colors, black to white, etc... There are OSD options too in tv tunner programs around. That makes me thing that is absolutely possible to add some effects in real time, using RR for G-series to pc, and Mystique to out-put, if an external recorder is available. What do you think about that?
        Thank you again for your time!

Comment

Still NO WAY without some very expensive hardware/software. If you're going to spend that, you may as well forget antiquated RRs and Mystiques.

Look, I have a pretty modern, sophisticated and fast set up with loads of horsepower and memory. With a digital stream as input (no conversion necessary, as with RR), it takes it all its time to capture in MPEG, with a single transcoding; in fact, if I turn the quality wick up to maximum, I can even get it to baulk. So how do you you expect some 6 or more year old equipment drive a CPU through two transcodings plus other work in real time?

Forget it
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
          X