Whiny racers UNITE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whiny racers UNITE!!

BOYCOTT INDY UNTIL DANICA PATRICK IS BANNED!!

CONCORD, N.C. (AP) -- Robby Gordon accused Danica Patrick of having an unfair advantage in the Indianapolis 500 and said Saturday he will not compete in the race again unless the field is equalized.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Ignoring such variables as track conditions, driver experience, fuel load, etc, Hell they handicap horses. Why not indy drivers? Make sure they all wear weight belts that guarantee they all weigh the same to the gram. Then they can do the weigh-in on a full stomach and load up on laxatives the day before the race. Everybody wins (figuratively speaking).

Kevin

Comment

Sorry, but speaking as a former racer myself that's silly.

None of the Indy drivers complained of this when 200+ lb guys were racing against Mario Andretti and other lightweight male drivers.

Indy drivers also didn't complain about weight when previous female drivers drove at Indy, but they didn't have a chance of actually winning.

None of the NHRA guys complained about weight when Shirley "Cha Cha" Muldowney was competing, and winning on a very regular basis.

These whiners are just PO'ed at the prospect of a "little girl" playing in their sandbox and actually having the gall (and the skills) to hammer them into the ground.

Pfftttt to the big babies.

Dr. Mordrid
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 28 May 2005, 20:23.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

To be fair (if that's the right word) it appears to be just Gordon doing most of the whining. More power to him. He wants to sit out the race, let him sit out the race. Problem is, If she does well or even wins tomorrow, you KNOW the league bigwigs are going to look at handicapping whether its justified or not.

Kevin

Comment

I think that'll depend on how she wins.

If it's a reasonable margin of victory then even they won't dare incur the wrath of the Femi-Nazis, not to mention the female fans.

The only hope they have for cover is if she wins by several laps. Only then will they have something to hang their chauvinist hats on.

I'd be willing to bet Danica knows this very well and will make sure it doesn't happen

She'll also have some cover herself; she's driving for former Indy champ Bobby Rahal's team and he builds very fast cars.

Dr. Mordrid
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 28 May 2005, 20:25.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

And if she does win I'm going to be sure and videotape the Letterman show afterward just to have a permanent record of the field day he'll have with it.

Kevin

Comment

On re-reading the article it says she'll be spotted about 1 mph due to her stature.

Hell....1 mph is about half or less of the difference you see between identical cars on the same team with both drivers being male.

At the most this would give her a 2 lap advantage over the 500 miles and that's only if they run full-out without any yellows. With the usual several yellows it's too small a difference to worry about.

It's definitely too small a difference for all the bitching they're doing.

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

GO DANICA GO!!! Woohoo!!!

Win every single race you can girl!! Show them who's got the real skills, show them that whining solves nothing and it's all about the race. Don't let anything hold you back, not even whiny immature babies like Gordon!!!

You can do it girl!!!

(too bad she'll probably never find out about htis post, oh well, hope Gordon does though! )

Damn she's pretty!
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Well, the race is over and Danica finished 4th.

The rookie blues took hold of her when she stalled her engine in the pits then got a bit wobbly in a turn. This cost her precious seconds as at the finish she was only seconds out of 1st after fighting back from 16th after her mishaps.

She did, however, become the first woman ever to lead a lap of the Indy 500 and she most certainly put the good 'ole boys network on notice that she's for real and has definitely arrived.

I sure wouldn't bet against her in next years race

Dr. Mordrid
                  Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 May 2005, 20:02.
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                  X