X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel hardware DRM

Nice.

It'll now be one step easier to remotely wipe someones hard drive

I bet both features will be optional in the bios, just like the CPUID.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

And another reason to stick with AMD.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
        And another reason to stick with AMD.
        Here here.

Though I bet it's optional for tweakers like us, i.e. on retail mobo's from the like of Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, etc., but for tier 1 OEM systems I bet the option isn't there. Unless people start complaining a lot. Making the features not-optional would be suicide in the hardcore/tweaker market.

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

They point out the IDE redirection requires a special NIC so hopefully the system will operate w/ other NICs.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
            They point out the IDE redirection requires a special NIC so hopefully the system will operate w/ other NICs.
            The NIC (or some component of it) will probably get built into the Intel chipsets.
            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Great, exactly what we DON'T need
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

That sounds like a great network admin feature. I wonder what the actual result will be...

Comment

Working...
                X