Night Watch (Nochnoi dozor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Watch (Nochnoi dozor)

got to see the trailer before the StarWars movie and was impressed, looked very good, very different music score for a horror movie trailer.

Ancient prophecy foretells that one day a "Great One" will arrive who can end the apocalyptic battle between Light and Dark conclusively. That time has arrived in Moscow - but which side will the Great One choose?

From Russia, with horror, comes the stylish horror fantasy film that has revolutionized post-Soviet cinema: NIGHT WATCH (NOCHNOI DOZOR). The film brings to the fore the cutting-edge vision of director/writer Timur Bekmambetov (whom Russian director Nikita Mikhalkov called "our Tarantino") and is the first instalment of a trilogy based on the best-selling Russian sci-fi novels of Sergei Lukyanenko (which also include Day Watch and Dusk Watch). Featuring a dazzling mix of state-of-the-art visual effects, adrenaline-fuelled action sequences and nail-biting terror, NIGHT WATCH NOCHNOI DOZOR) was an instant smash hit in its native Russia when it was released in July 2004 and went on to become the highest-grossing film in the nation's history. Made for a mere $4 million, the film surpassed both LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING and SPIDER-MAN 2 at the Russian box office. In a country that has never seen a native film make more than $2 million, NIGHT WATCH (NOCHNOI DOZOR) went on to gross eight times that number. Internationally acclaimed, it was also Russia's contender for the 2004 foreign language Oscar®.
    Homepage:
    http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/nwnd/
    Trailer:
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_se...t/night_watch/
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

I love the choice of music. It's the kind that calms you down so you are off guard when something happens.

Comment

Don't we all know who the "Great One" is already? Wayne Gretzky.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
        I love the choice of music. It's the kind that calms you down so you are off guard when something happens.
        yeah, i guess that's why i like that trailer.
        Just in case: the music at the beginning is from Brian Eno, the music at the end is from M83 and called Unrecorded.

Wayne Gretzky? I thought the great one is Sasq ?

R.
        "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

It is unless you talk to GURM, and then if's GURM

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
          X