• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero 5.5 update....

Here's what I got from them this morning;

======snip======

Hi,

I´m really sorry, but we still have a few problems. We want to avoid, that our customers download a product, that doesn´t have our quality standard.

So please give us some more time.

I hope to have been of help to you with this information.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best Regards,

Jenny Menhart

======snip======

Dr. Mordrid

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum2/HTML/006006.html

------------------
    Brian (the terrible)
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Touche' Brian
      Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

U R still mean Brian

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Mean but factual, Doc!

------------------
          Brian (the terrible)

Comment

Well he's got plenty of years practise behind him

Is Cyprus really ex-pat heaven Brian ?

Comment

Chris

No place on earth is heaven, but Cyprus has a lot going for it (and a few things against it, of course).

1. Cost of living: typically 1/3 that of Central Europe, 1/2 that of USA

2. No tax for retirees

3. Duty-free car for retirees

4. Free driving licence for 65+

5. Good climate (although it does get hot in summer +47°C peak, but plenty of aircon)

6. Houses cheap (I paid CYP 67,000 = GPB ~73,000 for secluded new 3 bed villa with 1/4 acre, backing onto government forest land)

7. Plenty of sea for those that like it.

8. Lots of good, cheap wine and food (restaurant meal with wine and coffee c. CYP 5.00 = GBP 5.50 in a village taverna, supermarket wine from CYP 0.80/litre (GBP 0.88) up to a max of about CYP 9.50/bottle. Meat from CYP 0.50 to 4.00/kg - we pay CYP 2.30/kg for pork fillet or a little more for beef or lamb fillet)

9. No BSE or F&M (yet)

10. Everything in the garden grows like mad (see 3. below)

11. Petrol half the price of UK petrol

12. Good cultural life

13. Beautiful scenery (in parts)

14. Foremost: Margaret is very happy here, although she does get infuriated at times!

Negative side:

1. Mañana mentality

2. Noseeums in summer (flying insects, invisibly small, with a voracious liking for human flesh, causing itching)

3. Weeds in garden grow like mad - constant battle

4. Up to last year, water was rationed, not now but could come back if drought years occur.

5. Medical services are fairly mediocre and overloaded, but cheap, or fairly mediocre and easy but more expensive - but still a lot cheaper than Europe

6. Alpine skiing relatively mediocre in most winters, but possible to downhill ski and water ski within 30 minutes if you have a Cypriot driving or 45 minutes for anyone else.

7. Cypriots are lunatics on the road (but much less so than Egyptians, Greeks or Turks)

8. Divided island (Nicosia is the only divided capital city left in the world), thanks to the ineptitude of the Western Powers.

9. Banana-republic style of government

10. Quality of workmanship often mediocre

11. Homo touristii easy prey to homo cyprioti! I do not recommend most of the S. Coast between Protaras and Paphos for this reason.

Do these 25 points brush a rough picture? Why don't you come out and see for yourself, but keep away from touristy spots?

------------------
              Brian (the terrible)

Comment

Sorry to interrupt ... but is there a Nero 5.5 demo available for download? Nothing on the Ahead site, but I seem to recall somewhere that there was a demo?

Rod

Comment

a new ver 5.5.0.4 comes with nero media player, inCD, beside nero toolkits.

Harry

Comment

Nero 5.5 doesn't come with encoder...under
                    Help Topic say ..."
                    "VMPEG2Enc.dll" which has to reside in the Nero directory. It will be loaded when an video decoding/encoding operation is required. Due to patent license restrictions, this coded cannot be bundled with your software. However, you can purchase this MPEG2 codec plug-in from the ahead web-site"

that sucks... Harry

Comment

Unfortunately necessary because of the MPEG-2 licensing restrictions imposed by MPEG LA. Same thing's happened to TMPGEnc.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                      X