help me with this Dell issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me with this Dell issue

OMG, shoot me now! Everyone I've spoken to at Dell is incompetent.

Also, I find it puzzling that I keep choosing English as my language of preference and I keep getting connected to people who don't speak english well at all.

Here's my problem:

I've got a customer with a Dell Optiplex GX270. It only has integrated graphics. There's an RGB connector on the motherboard.

I just sold her a new Samsung 913T 19" LCD screen and would like to connect her via DVI.

Often, with Asus motherboards, there's a cheap adapter that will allow DVI output from the integrated graphics without having to buy a whole new video card.

I'm trying to find out if Dell sells such an adapter.

I've been able to find this page at the Dell site: http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...s=gen&cs=CAPS1

The page is an install guide for a "DVI Adapter" and it even says that it uses the existing integrated graphics. Unfortunately, the page doesn't list an actual part # and I'm having a heck of a time getting someone at Dell to even admit that such a part exists.

I don't know how I got so lucky but I managed to connect with someone who actually speaks english now and am on hold while he looks into the matter further. I don't have much hope though.

Do any of you guys have advice for me on this? I don't deal with Dell that much and am at a loss here.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Is what you are after

Since this is MURC

Looks pretty cheap.
      Last edited by Fluff; 26 May 2005, 11:03.

Comment

I used to do Dell tech support. My badge number 30901, but I was at Dell Canada French. I left before they shipped it all to India, which is why the current support sucks and why no one speaks englsih when you choose english. Go figure huh?

I used to get a kick from looking the logs from an english customers file, who got transferred to me. One guy said that he spoke to a guy named Paul, yet in the logs, his real was Adufefanivoxad Fokelabewopsicom. (or something similar)
        Last edited by ZokesPro; 26 May 2005, 11:09. Reason: missing words and such
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

LOL @ ZokesPro! One of the guys in India was really funny because he was obviously reading directly off a script and had no ability to deviate. I think I upset him. He's probably signing up for more English classes as I write this!

Fluff, thanks for the quick response. I think that you did find what I was looking for. Someone at Dell eventually figured it out too (Shocker! He was in Edmonton). But couldn't give me a price because I didn't have the service tag #.

Hmm... Matrox G450 for $10, sounds temtping!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
            LOL @ ZokesPro! One of the guys in India was really funny because he was obviously reading directly off a script and had no ability to deviate. I think I upset him. He's probably signing up for more English classes as I write this!
            WOW!! Your like one of the first people to actually call me by my full nick! (Pro)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
              WOW!! Your like one of the first people to actually call me by my full nick! (Pro)
              The rest of us just call you "the boob".
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

You mean like that little thing on the bottom right?

Comment

Well, almost, looking for VGA-> DVI not DVI -> VGA
                  "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
                    You mean like that little thing on the bottom right?

http://www.rage3d.de/img/artikel/his/9550/inhalt.JPG
                    Not quite. Look at Fluff's second post. It's a card that goes into the AGP slot to extend the integrated graphics with a DVI port.

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
                      The rest of us just call you "the boob".
                      Really? They actually call me that?

Hehe. (must be the avatar)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                        ... (must be the avatar)
                        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Well it's not 'cause of your boobs!

Comment

Working...
                          X