Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Huffyuv problems

Hi,

This question has to do with using Huffyuv and the G400. I am trying to create an MPEG2 file from some Huffyuv captures. The issue is that the files have a serious flicker. The YUY2 hack and appropriate drivers are being used

Here are the details on what I did. First, I captured using AVI_IO. The settings for Huffyuv are:
    -YUY2 Compression Method: Predict Median (Best)
    -RGB Compression Method: Predict Gradient (Best)
    -Always suggest RGB: checked
    -Enable RGBA: unchecked
    -Swap fields on decompress: checked
    -Enable console window: unchecked

One time before, I did not use the swap fields option. This gave wavy/blurry results.

As far as the YUY2, I am using 704x480. Also, I have the AVI_IO 'force Matrox Keyflags' checked as well. The frame rate is '29.97' for NTSC. Also, no audio is being recorded. There are 0 frame drops as well.

After that, I use TMPGEnc to convert to MPEG2. I tried various settings with similar results. Also, I tried Ulead VideoStudio5 and MediaStudio Pro6. They both gave the same results.

Just for giggles, I tried capturing with different sizes. The only capture that does not give a flicker is 320x240.

Previously, I had no problem with the exact same setup.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

yesty

Comment

Try reversing the feild order setting in TMPGEnc "advanced" settings. Somewhere along the way between 12a and 12d the defaults became reversed.

--wally.

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a go. I am using v12a of TMPGEnc.

BTW, what is 'yesty?'

Comment

Thanks

I have SVCD quality back again. Converting to full frame (704x480 29.97) MJPEG has some flicker, though. I think it is just something I have to deal with.

Comment

Working...
          X