Dumb Companies Can any of you Americans help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Companies Can any of you Americans help

Ordering stuff from America is a real pain in the ass.

I've ordered a Lightening Detector from www.Boltek.com. They said the order shipped last Thursday by ExpressPost International and it still hasn't turned up. Sadly they didn't give me the web link for the company concerned.

I've done a quick google and so far found only Austrilia's New Zealand and Pakistans office.
    Do any of you know the URL of these people.

Anyway I emailed the company Boltek asking for the url and got the following useless replay.

Hello,
    I have tracked your order and had it emailed to you.
    Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

So they're going to email the card what a dumb reply I didn't know you could send a card via email amazing how email progressed.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

last time I had stuff shipped from teh states with express post, it took 2-3 weeks.. and we share a land border
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

If the US Postal Service is involved expect it to take at least 3-5 weeks. Hell...I can't get my car insurance notices (new proofs of insurance etc.) for 2 weeks and they come from only 12 miles away

Example of USPS routing:

Home (Romulus, MI) -> Romulus post office -> Taylor post office (town about 6 miles from here) -> Metro Airport post office (less than 2 miles from us :-P ) -> Detroit main post office (20+ miles) -> truck/train routing to the destination.....

....unless it's heading out of town in which case it makes the above trips then comes back to Metro Airport AGAIN

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I'll let Boltek off they sent two emails the 2nd turned up 40 minutes after the rest.

The farce is Parcel Force who've claimed to have tried delivery. Not true as theres no delivery at my place of work. I guess they trying the wrong University dopey gits.

Perhaps I should send an A to Z of Sheffield
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

That's terrible postal service. I know Slovenia is small but things arive next day if you post them untill collection time which is between 17:00 and closure of post offices (19:00-20:00). Neighbouring countries take 2-3 days.

Comment

I can get virtually anything from here to most of the civilized world in... not very long at all. I airmailed a package to my brother-in-law in Australia and he had it in 4 days.

Hmm... that reminds me I still have a package to send to dZeus - sorry about that, man!

I can get stuff to Canada overnight for not very much money, 2-3 days for REALLY cheap.

Stuff goes in country overnight for $12 and 2 day for $4.

I don't know how you people are shipping. *shrug*
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Gets better Parcel farce phone system depends on the card they leave when they cannot deliver. Since they haven't delivered it makes it rather difficult. Bunch of ****s.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Just NEVER ship by "surface mail." That goes by ship. (where's that damned puke smiley?)

Comment

The merry ground continues.

I've located the parcel after ringing loads of numbers. It seems Boltek have messed up and put two orders into one. They then shipped one parcel with two address's on it. Luckily the person who recieved rang Parcel Force and they're going to collect it today and then send it to me tomorrow.

So dumb companies was right after all.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well the parcel turned up but the customs had spotted it and wanted some dosh. Sadly I didn't have my cards on me. The driver was surprised that I hadn't had a warning letter.

However since it didn't go to the correct address in the first place I wouldn't have got the letter.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

All up and running. Now I need some storms to calibrate against. Guess what they all buggered off. Link below.

Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                      X