* Fixed: Stay in fullscreen/Config mismatch
    * Fixed: Ctrl-B Crash
    * Fixed: Authentication for OGG/Vorbis streams
    * Fixed: Drag and Drop strange behavior in open file dialogs
    * Fixed: Stuttering WMA On Start and Seek
    * Fixed: NSV Video stall during buffering
    * Fixed: Autosize of video to be accurate to the Video size not snap size
    * Fixed: Short NSV Clips audio cutout
    * Update: Online Media tree is now dynamic (Checking can now be disabled)
    * Update: Sonic Install/Config flag mismatch
    * Update: CD Ripping/Burning Library (possible cause of msvcrt.dll errors

I had installed the latest version of WinAmp before this one and noticed that no matter what I turned off, it would still transfer data at 16kbytes/sec at all times. Since then I switched to iTunes.

Funny thing about it was it used a service that was specifically blocked by my firewall. Since then, WinAmp iTunes
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
      I had installed the latest version of WinAmp before this one and noticed that no matter what I turned off, it would still transfer data at 16kbytes/sec at all times. Since then I switched to iTunes.

Funny thing about it was it used a service that was specifically blocked by my firewall. Since then, WinAmp iTunes
      Get in-depth coverage of current and future trends in technology, and how they are shaping business, entertainment, communications, science, politics, and culture at Wired.com.

Embrace your inner fan, subscribe to your favorite artists to get Winamp-exclusive content.

This is a new iPod plugin for WinAmp that allows complete access to upload AND download music from the iPod Take that iTunes
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I don't own an iPod. I just switched cause it kept using my net access without asking me.

Comment

Winamp Preferences -> General Preferences -> Untick the "Allow Winamp to report anonymous usage statistics" Radio button. This option has been present in Winamp for many years.

You can also untick the "Check for new versions of Winamp on startup" Radio button to be ultra-retentive. This is a new feature starting with the launch of Winamp Pro, IIRC (anyone feel free to correct me).
          Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Both were unticked and yet it still uses my connection... I honestly don't know why it still transfers 16kbytes at all times. Plus it goes through ntoskrnl.exe to connect and not through winamp.exe. I had already blocked notskrnl.exe through Syagte yet it was still going through.

indeed!

Comment

Referenced a few times in the 5.09 sticky thread in the Winamp Discussion forum

Basically, because it's checking www.winamp.com/bin/channels.txt for new Online Media channels/content.

This feature is part of the new dynamic Online Media Updater/Checker, and alas, it's hard-coded in 5.09 to check for new channels at Winamp startup.

Yup... one of many issues with 5.09

In 5.091, the check will take place on Winamp exit (instead of startup) and there'll be an option to disable it via: "Prefs > Media Library > Online Media tab > Modify Preferences". Though note that if you do disable it, then you will be stuck with the same 5 Online Media views forever.

Comment

Working...
              X