Holy Cow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Cow!

I never realized, until about 2 minutes ago, that links (console based web browser) can be used graphically with framebuffer. This is amazing! It's pretty frickin' cool.

I'm installing Gentoo right now from stage1 on my new 64 bit system, so I'll be using it quite a bit. All those other times working in console with just the text based links...
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Originally posted by TnT
    I never realized, until about 2 minutes ago, that links (console based web browser) can be used graphically with framebuffer. This is amazing! It's pretty frickin' cool.

I'm installing Gentoo right now from stage1 on my new 64 bit system, so I'll be using it quite a bit. All those other times working in console with just the text based links...
    ur a geek

Comment

links or lynx??

Comment

I've got a Lynx console ... stopped working though.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

@Chrono
          yes, yes I am

@Kurt
          links2 > lynx
          Well, although I've only used lynx once 2 years ago. It probably has features I wasn't aware of. I'm happy with links as my lightweight browser of choice.
          Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Isn't "links" the bastard Linux-child of Lynx?
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

I don't believe it is forked off of lynx. links2 (the one with graphics) is a fork off of the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                Isn't "links" the bastard Linux-child of Lynx?

Comment

Originally posted by TnT
                  I don't believe it is forked off of lynx. links2 (the one with graphics) is a fork off of the original.
                  "The Original"?

Since lynx for *nix has been around since Teh IntarWeb was in its infancy, what could be more "original"?
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                    "The Original"?

Since lynx for *nix has been around since Teh IntarWeb was in its infancy, what could be more "original"?
                    Sorry, I meant links2 is forked from links (#1 - the original version of links). They have separate maintainers with #1 only adding in fixes and #2 adding in new features, but it's not like a stable-unstable relationship such as kernel 2.6-2.7 development.

Comment

Working...
                    X