Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Safety

What should be the real priority.

Someone doing 35 mph in 30 mph zone when the road is empty.

or

The many red light hoppers who think the red light is something to be ignored.

Although I don't like Camera's I would love to see Camera's on traffic lights. Generally speaking in Sheffield you've still got people driving through red lights 30 - 60 seconds after they've changed including police cars.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

We've got cameras all over the place around here. Kinda takes the sport out of having a heavy foot. I tend to not drive much anymore.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Got too admit I speed a lot but I don't do it in heavy traffic heavy rain, fog etc. it's just common sense. Most places where I've never been able to get anywhere need the speed limit except at midnight have now got speed humps. On one road you were lucky to get to 25 mph let alone thirty due to the traffic flow and parked vehicles a sort off natural regulation. it's now full of large speed humps and a no go area.

Red light jumping is on the increase in Sheffield and seems to get sillier. Many drivers just drive at people crossing the road and shout abuse if they have to stop. Others just drive through and block the exit so people turning can't get across and either have to sit there for ever or go through a red light themselfs. It's time somethign was done about it.

Since I spend most of time walking around I was amused by Brake (A do goodie group for slowing drivers down). There website says X number of people are killed by traffic per day.

A lot people just walk out or cross in the stupid places. Road safety is an education for all not just the driver. Pass and any school and the lack of sense of students old enougth to know better is amazing. Then when you look at the parents it's understandable as they have no sense either.

My most amusing and annoying incident was been told to slow down by two cyclists. I was doing 20 mph on D restricted road which is 60 mph limit and they had four foot clearance. I think the middle finger was quite approipate in this case.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I always like the classic "Pedestrians have the right-of-way" rule... there seems to be plenty of people who seem to think that this applies to physics as well as traffic law.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
          I always like the classic "Pedestrians have the right-of-way" rule... there seems to be plenty of people who seem to think that this applies to physics as well as traffic law.

Yup I love the ones who ignore crossing four feet away or don't know how to press the button. I had a chinky who nearly got run four or five times so I pressed the button for him. He kept stepping out expecting the traffic to part anyway the lights changed and he just stood there looking at waiting traffic. Time to give up. I wonder if he ever managed to cross.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
          X