Web virus holds computer files ‘hostage’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web virus holds computer files ‘hostage’

Computer users already anxious about viruses and identity theft have new reason to worry: Hackers have found a way to lock up the electronic documents on your computer and then demand $200 over the Internet to get them back.

would it not be really easy to track down these people, as they would want some means to get money, which is easily tracked ...
    *puts extra condom on phone line*
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
      would it not be really easy to track down these people, as they would want some means to get money, which is easily tracked ...
      That was pointed out in the article I read this morning ...
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
        *puts extra condom on phone line*
        Blah, just give some trump money for drinks, he'll start bank account with his ID and give you his Visa Electron card - problem solved

Comment

This reminds me of a comedy skit from "The Kids in the Hall" where I guy opens his morning paper and sees a report that he had been kidnapped.

I don't remember all the details but the comedy was that he was totally free but was told he'd been kidnapped by the paper. I think he went about his day and everyone he saw was upset for him because he'd been kidnapped. Then, he gets a ransom demand and shows up at the designated time and place with the money. The kidnappers take it from him and then tell him that he's free to go.
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
          X