X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed to locate website

Hello Guys

Wonder if anyone can help with this.

I want to buy the piece of kit needed to enable me to record back to my Sony Digital 8 . I understand it is some software with a cable that runs from the PC serial port to the LANC connecor on the camera.

I know there is a website in the UK who sells them and if anyone can remember who they are I would be greatful.

Thanks

Pooh
    ASUS P4S533, P4 2.53Ghz, 1.25Gb PC2700, 40Gb System HD 120Gb AV HD, WinXp Pro

Are you talking about the Videonics LANC controller? If so, here is the link:
    http://www.videonics.com/products/mediamotion/

I used this a bit. There is a problem with it in MSP6. I'm hoping the bugs get fixed in it soon.

Do you need a LANC controller with a Digital8? I thought that Digital8 cameras can be controlled through the FireWire port?

Comment

www.lynxdv.com is one of the cheapest DV in enabler firms with very good support.

They also sell the ADS Pyro at a good European price

johnpr98

http://www.johnpr98.com

[This message has been edited by johnpr98 (edited 06 April 2001).]

Comment

Thanks Guys

I'll order the AutoPC95 Software & Cable Bundle from lynxdv.com this weekend.

Regards

Pooh
        ASUS P4S533, P4 2.53Ghz, 1.25Gb PC2700, 40Gb System HD 120Gb AV HD, WinXp Pro

Comment

Hey, Pooh,

Don't forget to tell Ian that you found out from DTVW, and that JohnPR dished the dirt

We might both get on his christmas card list.

Seriously, Ian (at Lynx) is probably one of the most trusted dealers in most things to do with DV and PCs over here in the UK.

In case anyone hasn't twigged, John also runs his own VidEd site http://www.price98.freeserve.co.uk/ , and frequently chips in here at the DTVW forum whenever anything comes up regarding ADS Pyro (or other general DV editing).

Comment

I'm curious what might be available on this side of the pond for enabling something as simple as analog to digital conversion on the TRV900 or any other Sony digital camcorder (MiniDV or D8) which doesn't come out of the box able to this (as the newer models can do). We've discussed this here before, and all that's required is a LANC to serial or parallel port cable and some basic software. Is there an uncomplicated, all in one package that can be bought here in North America?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10 April 2001).]

Comment

Any suggestions... please?

Comment

Did you check out Videonics?

Comment

Andrew, thanks, but the use of LANC connections on Sony camcorders in this case has nothing to do with device control. I could be mistaken, but I don't believe that Videonics sells anything resembling what I'm after.

By sending commands to a Sony camcorder through the LANC connection from a computer (loaded with the proper software), features such as analog to digital conversion, manual white balance, color bars, etc can be activated on a camcorder that originally did NOT allow these and other operations.

These are options that have been "dumbed down" by Sony on various models and are just waiting to be re-activated!

Comment

Working...
                  X