256 PCI-X card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 256 PCI-X card

I just installed the PCI version of the 256 meg parhelia and it would not even play the fish tank screen savor smoothly. Has anyone used this card with a game? I have it installed in a new Dell dual 3.2 with 3 gigs of memory so it should work. Got the latest drives installed but it seems to be a real dog.

In one of my computers I've got an ATI 9800 Pro AGP and a P650 PCI. It's a P4 3.2GHz with 2GB RAM.

I have to agree that the Matrox P series cards don't run super great on PCI. Maybe it's a driver issue, I don't know, but I've noticed that the P card has serious problems playing video off the PCI bus. Yeah, AGP is better for playing video, but PCI should be sufficient. It drops a lot of frames when I'm doing something on my AGP card at the same time.

I'm happy with the image quality though. Can't knock Matrox for that.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I did the same, wanted to try out surround gaming but that was a looser so now I have my Quatro and the matrox in with only one monitor on it and two on the Quatro. It's a tripple 23" flat screen setup running at 1200 x 1600 on each and it's nice now. I have a wacom drawing tablet with the 21" screen coming so this setup should run all four nicely. Oh and I did get the matrox running better in triple head and I must say the fish screen saver was beautiful. To bad it will not work on this setup.

Comment

I think it needs to be made primary card in BIOS and monitor on it primary in Windows for hardware acceleration.

Comment

Working...
        X