XBOX/SKY Box -> Home theather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBOX/SKY Box -> Home theather

I've got myself a nice semi-wireless 5.1 setup (Sony DAV-SR4W) from ebay. Unfortunatley I am wating for a remote control to be sent out seperatly as the one i received was damaged. Until i get this remote, I can't configure/balance the setup.

When playing a DVD from the amp, it shows that it is outputing Dolby Digital. If I connect either the XBOX or the Sky Box to the amp, then it will only output Dolby ProLogic II. I am having to use standard phono plugs for the inputs as neither device will output optical.

Is Dolby ProLogic II the best that I can hope for with these devices? or am I simply not setting it up correctly? Can I use the optical input on the amp with either device?

5.1 DVDs are fun, but it would be nice to get better audio when streaming video from the XBOX/playing games etc.

cheers!
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

hmm.. it seems that I need one of these for the xbox...
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Yeah you do need one unfortunately, otherwise the xbox wont output 5.1

Andy

Comment

anyone got 5.1 out on their sky box?

Comment

Working...
        X