I humbly apologize.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I humbly apologize.

I'm very sorry all, I really must accept some part of the blame for this terrble series of events. I have lived here in Kansas when the yet to be mentioned person was also a resident the same state, and must have, if even only by the unpredicable effects of chaos, influced his existance to the point that he has become the monumental dumbass that he is now. Who is this prick that I speak of?

Why, it's Dan "My Lips are firmly planted on Hollywood's butt" Glickman of course!

Washington, D.C. - - Responding to news reports today that BitTorrent is already facilitating the illegal file sharing of the final Star Wars episode, Revenge of the Sith which opens in theaters today, Motion Picture Association of America, Inc. (MPAA) President and CEO Dan Glickman made the following statement:

“There is no better example of how theft dims the magic of the movies for everyone than this report today regarding BitTorrent providing users with illegal copies of Revenge of the Sith. The unfortunate fact is this type of theft happens on a regular basis on peer to peer networks all over the world.

“Fans have been lined up for days to see Revenge of the Sith. To preserve the quality of movies for fans like these and so many others, we must stop these Internet thieves from illegally trading valuable copyrighted materials on-line.

“If piracy and those who profit from it are allowed to flourish, they will erode an engine of economic growth and job creation; undermine legitimate businesses that strive to unite technology and content in innovative and legal ways and limit quality and consumer choice.”

Glickman said that the average movie costs $98 million to make and market. Less than one in ten movies re-coup their original investment from the domestic box office and six in ten never recoup their investment . The average BitTorrent network has up to 2.5 million users a day. The movie industry is the only industry with a positive balance of trade in countries with which it does business. Copyrighted industries are responsible for an estimated $626 billion of the total gross domestic product.

“My message to illegal file swappers everywhere is plain and simple: You are stealing, it is wrong and you are not anonymous,” said Glickman. “In short, you can click, but you can't hide. There are lots of ways to legally download our products through companies like CinemaNow, Movielink, Ruckus and others.”

The Motion Picture Association is engaged in an all out effort to root out Internet movie thieves and make them pay the consequences of illegally downloading and swapping movies on-line. It has hundreds of investigators looking into these kinds of cases worldwide and has already been successful in shutting down several BitTorrent type sites. As part of its anti-piracy effort, the MPAA and its member companies have brought lawsuits against many Internet movie thieves across the United States and plan to continue such action.

Less than one in ten movies re-coup their original investment from the domestic box office and six in ten never recoup their investment...
    Or could it be that most movies that flop do so because they are $*&%ing CRAP, YOU IDIOT?!

ARGH!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
      Or could it be that most movies that flop do so because they are $*&%ing CRAP, YOU IDIOT?!

ARGH!

Most movies "flop" because their stars, directors, producers, etc., make many more millions per picture than can be justified by their empirical value as human beings, which drives ticket prices through the roof and keeps many people away from the theaters.

Comment

Maybe Dan should come over to France and watch his films gloriously subtitled.
        Unfortunately i perfectly understand the subtitles, and for me, its like watching a film in english, subbed in english.
        Infuriating when you see how much of the dialogue they miss.....
        PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
        Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
        +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

I find it funny that he chose SW:RotS for this announcement. It made $16.5mil for the midnight showings. $50mil on opening day. Early weekend estimates are at $108.5mil (just for Friday and Sunday). Now considering that SW fans are typically all at least somewhat tech savvy, and many are very tech savvy to experts ... wouldn't logic dictate that if RotS were available on BitTorrent, and if BitTorrent was killing Hollywood and ticket sale, that SW would have tanked?

Now, as a fellow Kansan, I find it my duty to help John P. deal with the whole Dan Glickman issue. We here in Kansas like to deal with our own, and show our appreciation to those who spread our State's good name known throughout the Union...and indeed the world. This is why we would like Dan to come back to Kansas so we can reward him with the key to Topeka ... and then lynch him.
          Last edited by Jammrock; 22 May 2005, 15:02.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Pitchfork: check! Torches: check! Angry mob: check!

Comment

Working...
            X