E-TV and AVI_IO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-TV and AVI_IO

Well, I got the E-TV installed and working. Pretty cool so far. But I have run into a problem. I was planning on capturing with AVI_IO, but the program is unable to access the tuner. Anyone know how I can change the channel?

I could probably use my VCR as a tuner, but that would be a last resort as on Tuesdays, I need to record at the same time as I'm capping due to overlapping shows.

Is there any software that will change the channel that can be run at the same time as AVI_IO? I tried running PCVCR at the same time and it wouldn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michelle

Check with Markus for an updated version of AVI_IO. I'm using ver. 3.19 and it works fine. I too had problems with earlier builds.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 07 April 2001).]

Comment

Ok. In the mean time, I've been learning to capture with Virtual Dub. Is there any advantage to using AVI_IO over VDub? Vdub seems to work quite well, and the tuner works.

Thanks,

Michelle

PS: I should have looked before posting... I am using that version. Trial version, though. Maybe that's why?

[This message has been edited by Michelle Cox (edited 07 April 2001).]

Comment

Dunno if the trial would differ in that regard or not. Mebbe you should wrote Markus Zingg and get his input. My eTV works fine with 3.19.

AVI_IO advantages: smaller memory footprint, skipped frame filling (uses previous frame to keep the count right & AV in synch), smoother custom capture sizes (setups page, allows capturing 480x480for SVCD) etc. etc.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 08 April 2001).]

Comment

I just discovered something interesting. The TV tuner icon is still greyed out, but when I go to change the source, I get the same dialog as I got in VDub. This dialog includes the ability to change the channel. I had thought it was native to VDub, but I'm guessing it must be a Matrox thing that the program is calling up.

So, I can't use the built in tuner, but I _can_ change the channel now. Good enough for me.

Thanks,

Michelle

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dr Mordrid:
          [B]Dunno if the trial would differ in that regard or not. Mebbe you should wrote Markus Zingg and get his input. My eTV works fine with 3.19.

Comment

I spoke too soon...

I do need the AVI_IO tuner, after all, because I want to use the timer. Changing the channel using the "source" dialog is fine for immediate captures, but when I try to set a timer, the channel box is blank.

So, I took your advice and emailed the author. I'll let you know what comes of it.

Thanks,

Michelle

Comment

Well, I got a reply from the author and he said the tuner doesn't work with this card. Not sure what you're doing there, Doc. Magic? LOL!

Thanks,

Michelle

Comment

Working...
              X