Tgif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tgif

Could stand for Thank God It's Friday, what else.....?

Originally posted by Elie
    Could stand for Thank God It's Friday, what else.....?

I like 'Sure Happy It's Thursday' better the acronym has a better sound to it
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

To me it's more like TGIDHTWT ! (thank goodness I don't have to work tomorrow)

Edit: Just noticed gt40's post. LOL
      Last edited by ZokesPro; 20 May 2005, 10:45.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Yup...gread day is Friday.

It's the day the wife and I go to our favorite restaurant/bar, get some Rueben s'wiches and knock a few back.

This brings up another useful acronym: T.G.F.G.

Thank God For Grandmothers

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I'm sitting here waiting for an electrician to show up at my house to fix my circuit breaker problem.

So I say BOHICA (Bend Over, Here It Comes Again)
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

POETS day
            Piss Off Early Tomorrow is Saturday
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
              ... So I say BOHICA (Bend Over, Here It Comes Again)
              I doubt you could bend over judging by the condition of your back. You're just going to have to take it standing up.

Originally posted by Sasq
              POETS day
              Piss Off Early Tomorrow is Saturday
              Hadn't heard that one before.
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I knew BOHICA as Bend Over, Here I Come Again.
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Well it doesn't really fit here but this thread reminds me of J. Michael Straczynski's "Babylon 5 - Legend of the Rangers" (http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/).

One Drazi is named "TIRK" (the second when going from right to left - webpage above) and the character describes the meaning as follows:

Unknown DRAZI: Your name is TIRK isn't it. That isn't a Drazi name.
                  TIRK: My mother created it. She says it means "Don't touch me I'm not having another child after this EVER".
                  Unknown Drazi: That a GREAT deal of meaning to put into a short name...they must be very, very proud of you.

Well I don't see why TIRK has this meaning but maybe in the Drazi language this would match 4 characters....normally it should look like this: "DTMINHACATE"
                  cu/2 magog - Germany - flying with OS/2 Warp speed...in a vehicle named eComStation (eCS)
                  ---
                  Author of the Java Movie Database - http://www.jmdb.de
                  JMDB v1.35 FINAL is available (2007-09-20)
                  Homepage: http://www.juergen-ulbts.de/

Comment

Working...
                  X