Asus A8N-SLI problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus A8N-SLI problems

I've had my main PC down for the past couple weeks due to me redoing my lofts floor. I got that project finally finished and was able to move everything back upstairs. I hooked everything back up, but now my Primary PC doesnt want to work. I power it up, but I get no output on my X800XL video card, and the monitor goes to into sleep mode. I've reseated the video card many times, pulled the battery, reseated the memory, cleared the BIOS and it still doesnt get any video output. One problem I have is that I dont have a PC speaker in the case (would think a $150 case would give you one....but nooo ) so can't get a POST code that way. I've had this problem before and was able to get it boot, but I'm stuck now. I think I might trash the board since I"ve been having nothing but problems with it (lose power and lose my BIOS settings) and other stupid shit with it.

Any other suggestions besides getting PC speaker to see if I can get something off that?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

sure you haven't done what I did? Keyboard in the mouse socket. Do that no post no bleeps no nothing.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well something is seriously wrong with the board. I pulled out the memory out of my server system and hooked up the PC speaker from the same system and I keep getting the same post error, with memory out or in from either system. I got it POST once then shut it down to put the other stick in, then never got it to that point. I'm tired of ****ing with the board, plus I have other issues like the BIOS settings not staying after the computer is powered down (works ok with a reset though) that I ordered a MSI SLI board. More money I dont need to be spending

Comment

The last MSI board I had sucked and looking on the forums it sucked for many people as well. Still that was a couple of years ago.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
          Well something is seriously wrong with the board. I pulled out the memory out of my server system and hooked up the PC speaker from the same system and I keep getting the same post error, with memory out or in from either system. I got it POST once then shut it down to put the other stick in, then never got it to that point. I'm tired of ****ing with the board, plus I have other issues like the BIOS settings not staying after the computer is powered down (works ok with a reset though) that I ordered a MSI SLI board. More money I dont need to be spending
          you checked that the RAM was in the right slots (blue I think)? if your board is defect, just get a replacement. Personally, I find it to be the best SLI board around.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt
            you checked that the RAM was in the right slots (blue I think)? if your board is defect, just get a replacement. Personally, I find it to be the best SLI board around.

Yep I tried everything. I've had werid problems with the board from the get go and they didnt manfest themselfs unless I shut it down. I got one of the early boards (Got it in January) and alot of people had the same issues that I'm experancing now. I'll see how the MSI board is...had good luck with my MSI 745 board and it seems like most of the reviewers like it better then the Asus board.

Comment

sold 5 a8n-sli boards all of them had/have problems in different configurations!
              According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Do you know what rev they were?

Comment

I got my MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI board yesterday afternoon. I pulled the old board out then put in the video card,memory and sound card and she booted on the first try. I'm happy with the board so far..but I'll have to see what I can do with overclocking with it in the future.

Comment

Working...
                  X