Matrox G450 DualHead DVI PCI does't work properly for multiple monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G450 DualHead DVI PCI does't work properly for multiple monitors

I have a AGP dual head Nvidia GEForce FX 5200 driving a DVI monitor and a VGA monitor. But I want to add a 3rd and 4th Monitor, so bought the PCI Matrox G450 DualHead DVI PCI

The PCI card seems to require it boots first in the bios, so I set that. I plugged in a 3rd monitor to the new card, and that’s where the display shows when booting.

Using Windows XP I can see and align all 3 monitors. But the new card is only showing max resolution of 4 colors at 800*600 whereas obviously I want 1280*1024 at 32-bit colors. It also seems to cause some downgrade of resolution on existing monitors (i.e other graphics card – mainly showing each of the screen icons in a black background around each icon.

I’ve updated drivers, but that did not solve problem. Any ideas ? I suspect if screen resolution problem can be solved, then icons will be correct also.

Try removing the Nvidia card, all Nvidia drivers, get the G450 running right, then put the NV back in.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Okay, guess that's an idea, but I worry about screwing my entire system. Any other ideas - must be a clue that the matrox card actually works & displays; but only allows 800*600 in 4 colors. However, I have updated the drivers, so don't see that as problem

Comment

You should try what Kruzin already suggested...
        Also, re-install chipset drivers for your motherboard.

Comment

Working...
        X