Anyone see Star Wars yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone see Star Wars yet?

Suprised this hasn't been posted yet. Been told by the girl I'm seeing not to see till she gets back next Tuesday from Vegas
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Sunday is when I'm going to see it!
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Well, I'm watching it project right now, but that's not exactly the same thing.

If it was for the slight problem that I might get fired for doing it, I would have loved to burn that Triumph, the Insult Dog Star Wars clip, the one with the uberdorks, onto a CD and run it during preshow. I saw at least one person in a costume...
      Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 19 May 2005, 10:44.

Comment

I'm going to see it tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IVE HAD MY TICKETS FOR WEEKS AND WEEKS. QWKJ23R412344T54T34T
        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Saw it lastnight at 11 it was a staff preview (friend works at ugc) so we got to see it for free and an hour before the public.

It was a good movie, although I found the acting to be sub-standard which is probably because the actors were working infront of a green screen. The dialogue is all cheesy at points but hey its StarWars ..hehe

Comment

I'll be seeing it for free on Monday with my wife and her work colleagues. I hope there won't be any lines. I waited over a year to see the first Star Wars because I refused to wait in a long line.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I have tickets for Sunday morning, 9am.
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                Sunday is when I'm going to see it!
                Same here... Keep the spoilers to a minimum
                Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Saw at opening. It was sold out on 7 screens. People that showed up after 11pm had difficulty finding groups of seats.

I'm going to see it again on Monday

Originally posted by xortam
                  I'll be seeing it for free on Monday with my wife and her work colleagues. I hope there won't be any lines. I waited over a year to see the first Star Wars because I refused to wait in a long line.
                  I'd be suprised if there weren't any lines. I forsee it selling out on all screens for at least a week, or perhaps two.

Comment

Originally posted by SitFlyer
                    ... People that showed up after 11pm had difficulty finding groups of seats. ... I'd be suprised if there weren't any lines. I forsee it selling out on all screens for at least a week, or perhaps two.
                    I expect we'll be seeing it at the usual place her work takes us and that's at a smaller Century theatre at Shoreline. I've never run into lines there for new releases of major films. We only need two seats together anyway. I always go to the larger Century 21 near Santana Row, San Jose when I'm buying the tickets. We used to go to matinee showings there on the first day of big films and had no problems with lines. The subsequent shows were always totally nuts. I may have to pass on the free viewing if it means having to get there too early and waiting in a line.
                    Last edited by xortam; 19 May 2005, 11:52.
                    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by mmp121
                      Same here... Keep the spoilers to a minimum
                      I sure will! Too bad I have to wait till sunday, oh well, at least I already have the tickets!
                      Titanium is the new bling!
                      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

ok im seeing it tomorrow. i thought it was friday..

its actually thursday right now..
                        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

I'm trying to wait until it hits one of the local IMAX theatres; though, I still need to coax my wife into going with me. Took the kids to see the other two, but I'm not sure this one would be entirely appropriate for them to watch.
                          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by SitFlyer
                            Saw at opening. It was sold out on 7 screens. People that showed up after 11pm had difficulty finding groups of seats.

I'm going to see it again on Monday

I'd be suprised if there weren't any lines. I forsee it selling out on all screens for at least a week, or perhaps two.
                            A friend saw RotS at the local 30 screen super-plex. It was showing on 19 screens. 17 were sold out, and and there were less than 20 free seats left in the other two theaters.

My friend basically said to ignore any semble of acting, plot, believabliltyetc. for the first 20 minutes or so. Just sit back and enjoy the eye candy and lightsaber fights. After that the movie gets pretty damn good.

Oh ... and Yoda kicks ass!
                            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I went to the midnight show last night and really enjoyed the movie. The characters where a little flat at times but the over all movie was worth it. It ties the movies together well only one really glaring issue and that is with R2. Over all it was a good movie.

Jeff
                              -We stop learning when We die, and some
                              people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
                              Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
                              - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
                              - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Working...
                              X