PADI Open Water Diver (C-card)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PADI Open Water Diver (C-card)

Well company is taking us to Saipan for a company holiday end of July.
    Decided its time to get my diving licence, getting the above cert, however my class will be in Japanese...

So if any of you have done the cert recently, and you happen to have any digital info laying around that you could pass onto me in English, I would much appreciate it.

Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Nice one Dan how long are they taking you for?
    FT.

Comment

5 days, boss's daughter - 14 - wants to try diving, and as I am defacto older brother, somehow I got roped into going along for that
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Make that Advanced Open Water if you can. It's pretty much the same duration, all dives in various environments and pretty useful in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
          5 days, boss's daughter - 14 - wants to try diving, and as I am defacto older brother, somehow I got roped into going along for that
          I can sense your contempt, man Diving and having funfor 5 days ... how horrible.

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I was a dive instructor in the mid 90s... DO NOT GO PAST ADVANCED OPEN WATER. It is a waste of time and money (rescue was fun but not really worth anything). Also (in the US at least) if you are dive master level or higher you are liable (in every way) for all divers with you. The legal crap took all the fun out of diving for me. Diving is one of the most relaxing and enjoyable sports I ever tried and I recommend it to everyone I know. Just don’t make the mistake I made and keep it in the sport range.

Jeff
            -We stop learning when We die, and some
            people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
            Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
            - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
            - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

I don't think Sasq will have the time to get a Divemaster PADI in 5 days, even if he dives 24H/day for 5 days (and incidentally becomes a sasqfish - quite rare).

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt
                I don't think Sasq will have the time to get a Divemaster PADI in 5 days, even if he dives 24H/day for 5 days (and incidentally becomes a sasqfish - quite rare).
                I ment in the long run

Jeff
                -We stop learning when We die, and some
                people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
                Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
                - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
                - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

is Saipan Guam?
                  www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Duty
                    I ment in the long run

Jeff

Comment

Saipan is a little above Guam
                      Juu nin to iro

Comment

Working...
                      X