HD editing in MSPro 7.3 (NOT HDV)....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD editing in MSPro 7.3 (NOT HDV)....

Interesting thread on the MUG list tonight written by Nick Jushchyshyn, the author of NickFX (I did a bit of editing for clarity);

Here's one for ya...

Today, I use MSP 7.3 standard (no HD plugin) to edit full HD 1080/24p video shot with Sony CineAlta cameras .... the same model camera used to shoot (Star Wars) EP-II !!!

To be fair, it's not nearly as fluid as working with DV, but the bottom line is that it IS possible, even routine, with what we have today. The features coming the beans-spilt/cat-out-of-the-bag MSP8 will make this even more accessable.

Already, we can do effects with this $300 program and a PC that could only be done by a full FX staff and millions of $$$ in equipment .... and it was HARDER for them to do it with that.

(One of the guys that I work with was a rotoscope artist at ILM that worked on ESB & ROTJ, ET and a bunch of other films. The stuff we can do in minutes with Video Paint took WEEKS back then)

This is gonna be a fun decade.

- Nick
    My reply;

Eyup.....'tis gonna be a lot of fun, isn't it? :-)

And whaddya mean "decade"? The funs gonna start a long time before that for us

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 May 2005, 19:45.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps
Working...
X