PS3 price revealed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 price revealed!!

@ $465 US that is one expensive console!!!!!!!

Regards,
    Elie

Just wait 6 months and it'll drop
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I virtually GUARANTEE you that no console will EVER be introduced at a price point that high.

It just won't happen... because nobody would buy it.

Same with the Nintendo DS which everyone said would be uber-expensive. When it actually hit Electronics Boutique? $150.

PSP... everyone said $400... hits stores at... $300.

I don't buy this price for a minute.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

I do think it will be $399 reatil on the day it is released.
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

So then... Higher, or Lower?

J1NG

Comment

Assuming you're not being sarcastic? Lower.

These pre-release prices are always absurd, and don't take into account that kids have to con their parents into buying these things. $300 is the magic number for consoles. Any more than that, and nobody's mom or dad will get it for them unless it's a birthday or Christmas, and maybe not even then.

I predict that ALL of these consoles will debut at $299. I could be wrong, they might debut at $399 - but if they do it will SEVERELY hurt sales and they know it. Nobody I personally know will drop $400 on a console. Nobody.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

And yet dropping $400 on a video card is no problem for many people.
              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
              Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

These are not the same people.

Consoles generally get marketed to a large number of younger people.. like tens of millions of people. $400 video cards are purchased by older folks who have jobs or rich daddies.. and the numbers are much smaller (though many people you talk to on sites that concern video cards will have them, that's not a remotely normal cross section of humans.)

Comment

Well the average Canadian family will have saved well over 400USD from not going to hockey games; so now they'll buy a Xbox360 or PS3 and play their own (hockey) games
                  Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                  Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I'm gonna say that MS will have the Xbox360 for about 250-300 to undercut the PS3
                    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

What happens to those that want to buy both the XBOX 360 and PS3 to get the best of both worlds like me

I guess I'll have to wait for a major price drop.

Regards,
                      Elie

Comment

you can buy your xbox this year and save for the ps3 to buy it next. seems logical enough.
                        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Well I'm glad to see that my off-the-cuff insistence that $300 is the magic number didn't meet with universal disregard. In fact, it's pretty generally accepted as the cutoff point for consoles.

You also have to remember that the console system itself is almost always a loss item for the company. The games are where they make up the $$ lost on the console.

I was amazed that the PSP debuted at $300 instead of sub-$200 like the Nintendo DS, but then again it isn't JUST a game machine, it's also a media player and $300 is a reasonable price for a media player. In fact, it's a GREAT price for a media player with a screen, although most media players with screens have hard drives.

I'm still unclear about how they get movies onto the PSP. The memory sticks aren't really big enough - does it take some kind of optical media?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                            I'm still unclear about how they get movies onto the PSP. The memory sticks aren't really big enough - does it take some kind of optical media?

Gurm, You take stupid pills or something as of late? The Movies are DVD's on the UMD format that the PSP uses..
                            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
                              Gurm, You take stupid pills or something as of late?
                              LOL!
                              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
                              X