Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disgraceful

One rule for plods one for anyone else.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Disgraceful.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

hmm .. almost as if he were above the law

Comment

My brother is a cop, and ever since he became one, he has been pulled over many times for speeding, only to be let go by the other cop...Late for the airport, he drove 160KM/h in a 100 zone, without worrying .. damn corruption
      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Yeah it's only about collecting revenue anyhow.

If he really wanted to "hone his skills" he could pay his nickle and go to a racetrack. Such an excuse is such an open insult to the public's intelligence that it could only be contrived by an idiot cop.

Comment

funny thing.. my brother claims that they do not have a quota for tickets, but they do have a minimum amount amount of charges they have to lay every month, something like 30 traffic ones and 20 criminal ones to uphold their standard.. I keep telling him to look up the word quota

Comment

LOL!
            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

No no. After the public outcry about ticket quotas, they are VERY CAREFUL to call it anything but a quota... that way cops can honestly say there are no quotas.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

We have a saying here: "All people are equal, some are just a little more equal than others."

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
                  We have a saying here: "All people are equal, some are just a little more equal than others."

AZ
                  So do we. George Orwell most famously put it thus :

Originally posted by Animal Farm
                  All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Well, here they made system such that once one's ticket is filed, police cannot overrule it. Only option for union discount is not filing ticket (guy telling them he's a cop).

Az: Alle Leute sind gleich, einige sind gleicher?
                    Last edited by UtwigMU; 19 May 2005, 17:50.

Comment

My brother tells me that he can just rip it up, claiming he did a mistake on it, if he has started on one, which proves to be a cop

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
                        funny thing.. my brother claims that they do not have a quota for tickets, but they do have a minimum amount amount of charges they have to lay every month, something like 30 traffic ones and 20 criminal ones to uphold their standard.. I keep telling him to look up the word quota
                        This guy is related to you and you are admitting it?

Seriously, they really DO have a maximum allowed IQ for being a cop in many places.. why is this? Rules are written by dumbass senior cops who are afraid of being outbrained by some rookie coming in. They made up another intelligence-insulting reason for this rule too.. that intelligent people would get bored driving around in a police car.

Comment

I guess rally drivers can't get off by saying they weren't driving dangerously...
                          Last edited by Rob(QG); 20 May 2005, 02:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob(QG)
                            http://newswww.bbc.net.uk/2/hi/uk_ne...es/3266409.stm

I guess rally drivers can't get off by saying they weren't driving dangerously...
                            No they should say they're testing the car out.
                            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

About three years ago, I witnessed some of the Cyprus Rally drivers on public roads, before the event. Not only did a monority of them have a total disregard for laws, especially speeding, they had a total disregard for law-abiding citizens who were driving normally. going about their own business, by intimidating them (tailgating with flashing headlights, overtaking on the wrong side, fishtailing and braking hard). They were no more than road hooligans who deserved to be clapped into clink. I don't know why the rallying authorities don't clamp down on such antisocial behaviour by disallowing drivers from participating in the next five rallies each time they are seen committing an offence, in conjunction with the local police. After all, the police close off roads so that they can destroy the dirt surface for ordinary users, so they can also deploy their radars to rake in cash from the drivers to pay for the repairs.
                              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
                              X