Finally done it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally done it

Well, after much prevarication, I have finally done it and handed my resignation in. I had already been discussing it with my boss over the last week or so to work things out so my exit was as easy as possible for everyone here, but now it's official. As of mid July, I will be unemployed

Couple of months to do some serious work on my flat and also to chill out a bit (maybe with some freelance work thrown in), and of course to concentrate on getting a new job lined up.

With over 5 years at this company (in various different roles), it's become a bit like a VERY large family... so of course there's a bit of sadness mixed in with the biggest lifting of weight from my shoulders since I finished my Masters...

Phew! To be honest I'm glad it's now official and I can be a bit more open with my colleagues... and of course Yeah! I'm Free
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

How on earth could you resign when having such view (if I remember correctly)

Comment

Because I'd rather be outside looking in than inside looking out The London Eye gets a bit boring to look at after a while...

Comment

so besides a boring view, how come you left?
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

A number of reasons. Primarily, it's time for a change in order to take my career further and broaden my experience. Also I have been a little bit too much in the "comfort zone" for a little while now - the brain is starting to feel rusty and I am quite frankly bored. Finally, in my current role it gets really really busy between August and October (inclusive) and I'd rather not do that for a third year in a row. And there are other reasons which I should probably not spout off about here

Comment

I love a job change in the morning, smells like loads of dough!
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I still need a job, PERIOD. *sigh*
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

@Umf: Groan - but how's your new thing going?

@Gurm: So do I now

Comment

Good luck George. I hope you get what you want out of it. You are a far braver man than I, what with your London mortgage etc!
                  FT.

Comment

Thanks Tony. Feels like a leap into the great unknown, but to be honest it was the only way to motivate myself to actually leave the womb...

Comment

Sounds like (I hope) you have a large wad of cash socked away to tide you over?

Comment

best of luck, hope things work out most favourable for you.
                        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Thanks guys.

KvH - yes, I can survive for a while. Not indefinitely, but I'll be OK. One thing the mother-company teaches you is to be (probably a little too much) risk-averse, so no real danger there...

Comment

Well, I've just signed the contract for a new job - ended up finding one quicker than anticipated. They don't mind me not starting for a few more weeks, so I've still got time to relax and enjoy the cricket

Job is head of financial planning and analysis at, er, a mortgage company

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                              Well, I've just signed the contract for a new job - ended up finding one quicker than anticipated. They don't mind me not starting for a few more weeks, so I've still got time to relax and enjoy the cricket

Job is head of financial planning and analysis at, er, a mortgage company
                              Ouf, sounds exciting!

Congrats on the job .

I don't even know what a financial planner does, aside from what the name says.
                              Last edited by ZokesPro; 15 August 2005, 11:10.
                              Titanium is the new bling!
                              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                              X