And now it's time for Revolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now it's time for Revolution

So, now everybody showed off pictures...

Link

I think I like most the look of it (definetely better than Xbox, also better than default silver PS3; can't decide about black PS3...)

Also new GameBoy is announced. I hope it will not only be small, but also cheap (anyway, I'll buy one of now three varietes of GBA definetely). Now hoping that 2inch screen isn't such bad idea as it sounds...

edit: 4 out of 6 mentioned launch titles include word "mario". Yuck...will they never learn?
    Last edited by Nowhere; 18 May 2005, 03:53.

Why would that be bad? Games featuring Mario outsell virtually any other game on the market by a staggering factor. Any game featuring Mario or Zelda will guarantee a platinum hit... even if it's just Miyamoto gargling into a handkerchief.

Same thing with "Final Fantasy". It could be the biggest piece of turd ever, but if it says "Final Fantasy" it will sell millions of copies, guaranteed.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

OK, I propose compromise: keep "Mario" in the name, even create basically the same game, but get rid of this ****ing plumber (and his "themes") in the game content itself once and for all. For example, I propose following titles for Revolution: Mario Hill, Mario Gear Solid, Resident Mario (yeah, I know ), Colin McMario Rally, Ridge Mario, Maritarium. Either that, or...left it as it is and change company name to "Mariendo".
      Seriously, why they keep on to this franchise so much..can't they create something new?! That's why N64 & GC were consoles "for kids" (even kids didn't want it because of this). Mario games for SNES were OK - more of the same, only better (in comparison to orignal Mario for NES, which was groundbreaking). But I'd like this games more if they were again groundbreaking (introducing new characters), like Sonic. Yes, later games, for N64 and up, were great...but there was not much old Mario in them, although the name remained...and it seems it will :/
      OK, even more seriously, I don't expect them to abandon Mario...but at least add something new.

And Final Fantasy...I don't know, not the same, at most similiar. After all in each game the world is different.

PS. I'd agree that they outsell other games for Nintendo systems. But overall...
      Last edited by Nowhere; 18 May 2005, 06:01.

Comment

The new gameboy is said to have a better screen than its predecessors.

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Yes, but...2 inches? (what about in game captions in older games?) I'd have to hold it in my hand to know if it isn't too small for me...

Comment

So is the GBM screen smaller than the GBA? I have to say that the biggest drawback of the GBA is its screen size. I hate that it's so small.
            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
            X