Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G200

Am having trouble starting PC-VCR
    After install it will work, but close it down and try start again I just get a black box.
    Have tried uninstalling everything, even a total system rebuild, no luck.
    Started experiencing this problem since upgrading computer.

Have PIII850 with Intel D815EPEA motherboard, 128MB RAM. Running the Marvel G200 AGP and a SiS6326 PCI card for secondary monitor.

Have loaded W9x_555 drivers with 9xvt1454 video tools, runnig DirectX8.0 (the only other change I can think of)

I am running my display at 16bit resolution, used to be able to run at 32bit.

I have copied the registry key and inpliment this, but even this isn't 100% working, getting sick of having to re-install and set everything up.

Any help whatsoever, or some pointers in the right direction to solve this little issue of mine appreciated.

Thanks

Darren.

OK... now need some help from the experts..
    I tried the following this morning.
    - went to directx site, found there is a video update for directx8, applied, uninstalled all matrox drivers.. reinstalled, same problem.
    - uninstalled all matrox drivers, installed from original supplied cd, same problem
    - uninstalled directx8 and matrox drivers, installed directx7, matrox software, now cant get to work at all.

hmmm.. *ponder* a hammer maybe?

Could I have a hardware problem?

Madly waving my hand around as I drown..

Darren

Comment

You would have better luck with this in the Desktop Video forum, which is where the Marvel pros all hang out.

Relocated to Desktop Video forum...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I had a similar problem today. But it was because I had installed the PD 6.23 drivers (and wasn't using video tools). Today I tried to uninstall and re-install PD 5.41 and VT1.52. The system locked up everytime I hit the Line In button on the PC-VCR.

Anyway, what I think worked for me:

1. Uninstall Video Tools
        2. Uninstall PD drivers
        3. use Matrox Uninstaller just in case
        4. Check the registry and delete all Matrox software folders
        5. Install the Standard VGA driver
        6. Install PD 5.41
        7. Install Video Tools 1.54
        8. Re-Install DirectX 8.0a

then everything was happy...

Trying to uninstall and reinstall DirectX is not always easy. There is an unofficial uninstaller around (search google.com).

Anyway DirectX 8.0a is working for me.
        Please visit http://spincycle.n3.net - My System: Celeron 300a(@450/2v),Abit BH6, 128mb RAM, Win98SE, Marvel G200TV, Diamond MX300, Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 20g system drive, DiamondMax Plus 40 capture drive, IBM 8g Deskstar program drive, Adaptec 2940UW SCSI, 9gb Barracuda UWSCSI video drive, Hitachi GD-2500 DVD-Rom, UltraPlex CD-Rom, Plexwriter CD-recorder, Viewsonic PT775, Soundworks 4.1 speakers

Comment

Working...
        X