Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kudzu extract makes you drunker, faster....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudzu extract makes you drunker, faster....

all in the interest of reducing your total alcohol intake, supposedly reducing binge drinking in the process;

IMO lots of people would take it just to get the buzz faster, then keep right on going

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Yep, I miss the times when two beers were something (such economic advantage)...and I'd love to recreate the situations when I got drunk by vodka for the first and second time! (at least I think I want it, given what I remember)

Comment

Well IMHO Wodka is the best if you want to get really drunk and not have terrible hangover next day. I usually have that when that is my intention. For instance when my friend was celebrating last year, we drank several wodkas (good stuff, his mother is from Poland and Wodka was brought from there) and had no problems next day.

Otherwise it depends on how much you eat or sleep. If you haven't slept a lot and not eaten before or during drinking and you drink fast the effects are still there.

Comment

I always found two gin martinis (loose term as it was pure gin with no vermouth) to be the ultimate tranquilizer after a rough day. You would feel no pain almost immediately.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Yep, Utwig. If only the taste was better...
          (dammit, I remember that 2 years ago it was...ok, now I almost can't stand it :/ And add to that that now I buy better ones)

Oh well, now at least I can be civillized intelectual who prefers wine, brandy...and beer when woman isn't looking.

edit: Come to think of it, I always preferred wine. Socializing factor of passing one bottle can't be beaten
          Last edited by Nowhere; 17 May 2005, 12:17.

Comment

If you want to get drunk fast on something that doesn't taste very awful, try long island ice tea.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
              I always found two gin martinis (loose term as it was pure gin with no vermouth) to be the ultimate tranquilizer after a rough day. You would feel no pain almost immediately.

My Dad raised me on Beefeaters Martinis (94 proof)
              You have to at least open the cap on the Vermouth bottle
              I love the big olives soaked in Gin

lately in my old age for partying I stick to Vodka and kaluha so I can be a wide awake drunk
              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Originally posted by ALBPM
                My Dad raised me on Beefeaters Martinis (94 proof)
                You have to at least open the cap on the Vermouth bottle
                I love the big olives soaked in Gin ...
                I have a bottle of Vermouth that I keep on the shelf with my Gin and that's close enough for my martini. Just opening the Vermouth bottle would overwhelm the Gin.

I developed into a real gin snob and drink Bombay Sapphire. I'll only soak the olive(s) in the martini for a couple seconds though or it impacts the flavour too much. I eventually switched to a twist (lemon rind) to allow me to savour the clean taste of the botanicals. I picked up some Jalapeno stuffed olives when I'm in the mood for a Cajun style martini. A real Cajun martini uses pepper vodka, like Stoly or Absolut Peppar.

Originally posted by ALBPM
                ... lately in my old age for partying I stick to Vodka and kaluha so I can be a wide awake drunk
                That's a Black Russian. I used to drink those on occasion ages ago. I'll order various coffee drinks at the blackjack table.

I haven't even drunk many martinis in recent years as that was mostly 10 plus years ago. I'll have maybe two or three martinis a year now versus that many every Friday. I'm pretty much strictly a single malt man these days and I've drunk them for decades. Though my neighbor got me rehooked on homemade margaritas last summer. I've got lemon and lime trees and I'll also throw in some other fresh store bought fruit. Only the tequila comes from a bottle, the rest is fresh ingredients. Single malts starting at the first wisp of cold moist air in the fall and then come margaritas for those hot summer days and evenings. Tequila ... the hallucinogen of spirits.
                Last edited by xortam; 17 May 2005, 23:11.
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Beefeater and Noilly Pratt here, with a handfull of Primo olives to marinate there in .
                  Even my kids like to eat the olives - although I try to limit them to a couple each.
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

sake is a great way not to have a hang over the next day...
                    recomend it served hot.
                    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Early in my career I worked at a large public hospital.

While living in the resident housing (mixed dorms with shared facilities, of course ) the interns & residents association, nursing groups and tech groups often had parties....as in every time the weather changed

Of course we had beer, but we'd also raid the lab for what was equivalent to 200 proof alcohol. Good stuff for mixes

What happened at those parties could best be described as Animal House on steroids

Dr. Mordrid
                      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 May 2005, 11:57.
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Ah yes, that reminds me: there's still one way left to get drunk fast, faster than Vodka and better tasting:
                        buy illegal 80% alcohol, put lots of lemons in empty bottles, mix in them alcohol with tonic (proportions - as you wish ) and wait few days...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                          ... we'd also raid the lab for what was equivalent to 200 proof alcohol. ...
                          We also had 200 proof alcohol (until you opened the container) that we used in the labs where we constructed the space satellites. One of the large containers of 200 proof went missing one night and the speculation was that the janitors had one hell of a party. I never tried it myself ... I guess I was too young and too conservative.

I used to live in San Diego in the late 70s/early 80s and I would go down to Tijuana for very cheaply priced Tequila. Sauza Commerativo for $3/liter and Herradura Anejo for $6/liter (goes for more than 10x that now here). They also sold 200 proof alcohol, Everclear, for $3/liter. People used to pick up Everclear and make a punch called Virgin Killer.
                          Last edited by xortam; 18 May 2005, 13:39.

Comment

Black Russians are a favorite of mine. I like blind Russians a little better though. 1 part (vodka + kahlua + Baileys). Shaken, on the rocks.
                            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                              Black Russians are a favorite of mine. I like blind Russians a little better though. 1 part (vodka + kahlua + Baileys). Shaken, on the rocks.
                              I've never heard of that. Black or White Russians but never a Blind Russian. I can't do dairy any more so the White Russian is out. Bailey's sounds like a good compliment. I'll have to give that one a try.

Comment

Working...
                              X