Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVDMax TV-Out 'Green' corruption & no overlay on MJPeg

Hello,

Is anyone familiar with the 'green corruption' that seems randomnly to happen on the TV-Out using DVDMax with the Marvel G400-TV? It's like all the colours are replaced with tints of green and pink! I used to get it very occasionally with WinMe and Matrox's drivers, but now it happens very regularly on WinXP (doesn't seem to like switching between Codecs: playing an XVid video after an MPeg video seems to bring it on, for instance; also switching video standards). I seem to remember that I used to be able to 'cure' it by briefly running a video coded with Matrox's MJpeg Codec through the overlay, but can't do that anymore for reasons obvious in my second problem (see below). Now all I can do is just 'fiddle' with all the settings - changing everything back and forth until something 'dislodges' the error, but there doesn't seem to be any simple or repeatable procedure that works ... it's like the virtual equivalent of banging your fist on the TV till the picture fixes.

I can now see my old Matrox hardware MJPeg recorded videos again (now reported as 'Matrox 2K3' Codec!?!), which I assume is down to the hardware MJPeg in the Marvel since I haven't yet installed any software MJPeg Codec. However, although they play they DON'T pick up the overlay (presumably) and don't output through the TV-Out in DVDMax which seems totally bizarre.

Any solutions, experience or just wild guesses that I might be able to work with would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    John

the green thing happens on my G400 as well sometimes when the overlay uses YV12 colourspace. Forcing the codec to output YUY2 always fixes this problem (although the codec needs to correctly upscale the colour information when the source is interlaced)

Comment

update: this problem is starting to piss me off!

Today, nearly (if not every) YV12 colourspace overlay surface will show up green/magenta. For codecs that you can select YUY2 output for, no problem. For ones that you can't, like WMV9, I have to find another way!

So my question to any windows programmers that knows this:
      Is there a way to disable the directshow YV12 support of the videocard?

Comment

As I can remember switching to 24-bit mode in display settings will solve the problem with green picture.

Comment

can you have 3D acceleration when the desktop is set to 24-bit with matrox cards? I remember that it would not, but I'll give it a try.

Comment

Working...
          X