Real, Bluescreen or CGI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real, Bluescreen or CGI?

I think it's two seperate films, the General filmed on bluescreen and overlaid onto the traffic.
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Real Blue screen of CGI!!!

It can be done, not very easily and probably not on the first try but it can be done!

If you look closely, you can headlight reflections on the asphalt underneath the Charger as it passes by.

Not too sure if it's real or not, if it isn't, it's well done.
    Last edited by ZokesPro; 17 May 2005, 05:08.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Tough call... It looks quite real...

The shadow of the General looks correct, but I'm not sure about the reflection of the headlights: one car has its headlights on, and you seem them reflected underneath the General as it passes that car. I wonder if this is the correct effect (then again, road looks a bit wet).
      If it was done with bluescreen, it is a great job: the amateuristic looking camera shake is the same for both shots.

It could of course be done with CGI-software to get a more advanced bluescreen (friend of mine used that technique before)...

Jörg

edit: Rats, I should type faster...
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

It's real. Note that the cars are ALL Nissans (common movie trick, Nissan is probably sponsoring them) and hear the director calling "cut, cut CUT!" at the end of the clip.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

My vote goes for real.

Comment

something about the General Lee's porportions or perspective doesn't feel quite right. I think it's at least partially done with CG.
            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I ask this only because you live in Canada... but have you ever SEEN a 70's Charger?
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                I ask this only because you live in Canada... but have you ever SEEN a 70's Charger?
                LOL

What does it have to do with being in Canada?

Comment

Real...you can see a dent in the RFF of the General Lee.

BTW, I love Firefox...The way it caches things... all you need to know is WHEN it caches to get even streamed content.
                  Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Seeing as the General Lee is a 1969 Charger...
                    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Originally posted by RichL
                      1969, 1970. Whatever. My point was simply that I wouldn't think that any of that vintage would exist far north, so his thoughts about scale being off would probably be a little ... well it's hard to critically judge the scale of something you've never seen.

Comment

Speaking as a video editor: DEFINITELY real.

When loaded into MediaStudio Pro the General's shadows, the changes in the lighting on the road, other vehicles images passing through the Generals windows and the it being reflected on the wet road bed all look correct even when magnified.

That you hear the deirector yelling "cut that" near the end locks it as a stunt shot.

Dr. Mordrid
                        Dr. Mordrid
                        ----------------------------
                        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

1969, 1970. Whatever. My point was simply that I wouldn't think that any of that vintage would exist far north, so his thoughts about scale being off would probably be a little ... well it's hard to critically judge the scale of something you've never seen.
                          They ae quite rare up here, seeing as you guys down below often have better weather for showing off these types of beauties.

Comment

Originally posted by RichL
                            But the '69 ones are much harder to come by. The original show was buying up all the ones they could find, they kept destroying so many.
                            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                              They ae quite rare up here, seeing as you guys down below often have better weather for showing off these types of beauties.
                              Actually it's not so much the weather as the overall climate conditions. New England (where I live) is notoriously bad for cars, the salt on the roads EATS cars in a matter of 10-20 years. It's VERY rare to find a rust-free 1960's or 1970's gem on the road here, unless it's owned by a car lover who kept it in the garage from first snow until the spring rains every year.

Comment

Working...
                              X