Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to open a kensington lock!

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=kensington623
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Yeah, it's the same trick as the one with the BIC pens and the Kryptonite locks.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Should have figurted it would be a reader of 2600

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

cool
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Elaboration on the Bic/Kryptonite thing?
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

You can take a bic disposable pen, pop the end off, stick it into a kryptonite lock, wiggle a bit (might take some minutes to the untrained), and open it - basically the same as this one, and the stunt that inspired this guy. This works with many locks with cylindrical keys. Do a forum search, it should turn somethng up. Google should also know about it

AZ

Comment

Thats a blow to the company isn't it LOL

Comment

Doesn't the company know about this?

Comment

Of course they know (at least now they do), they'd rather have you now know, though

AZ

Comment

For those who haven't seen it, here's the video for the Bic/Kryoptonite thing:

Kryptonite is facing class action, and will (more or less) cheerfully replace your cylinder-style lock with a regular keyed lock. LOL. See their website (www.kryoptonite.com) for details.
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I remember we could easily break into cylindrical tumbler locks when I was a kid. These bike locks had (maybe still do) four cylindrical tumblers that had numerals engraved on the outer perimeter. The user would line up the combination with a marker and unlock the chain lock. They were easy to break into by simply pulling the locking shaft away from the tumblers and feeling for the indents as the tumblers rolled into place. This lock was very popular when I was young (30-40 years ago). I wouldn't be surprised if these chain locks were still being sold.
                      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
                        I remember we could easily break into cylindrical tumbler locks when I was a kid. These bike locks had (maybe still do) four cylindrical tumblers that had numerals engraved on the outer perimeter. The user would line up the combination with a marker and unlock the chain lock. They were easy to break into by simply pulling the locking shaft away from the tumblers and feeling for the indents as the tumblers rolled into place. This lock was very popular when I was young (30-40 years ago). I wouldn't be surprised if these chain locks were still being sold.
                        Absolutely they are still being sold.

However, they've made them resistant (to an extent) to that particular trick... which I've also exploited a time or two.

Comment

Such useless locks.

Then you've got those idiots who would chain their bike to a five foot pole, which one can easily lift the bike up through.

... or you've got those ten pound steel chain locks to go on your high performance light-weight bike.
                          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
                            ... or you've got those ten pound steel chain locks to go on your high performance light-weight bike.
                            Hey, it still helps. Those chains are usually carried by the rider, not directly on the bike. I weigh 225, but I can really feel a difference in the ride if I take my 5lb lock off the bike and put it in my Camelbak.
                            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

hmm, the picture for me was colour distorted & left a notepad file called dxva_sig.txt with a size of 0 bytes on my desktop!

Comment

Working...
                              X