Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print to tape and MSP 7.2 problem

Hi everyone,

Could use your help. I have a Sony TRV740 and once used MSPs print to tape function without a problem using MSP 6.5. Now I don't know if it's me, because I only did it once, but I can't get this to work with 7.2. The camcorder just records a blue screen like no signal is getting through. Is there any setting in MSP I'm missing? Tried both timeline and a file with no luck. Or maybe there is a setting in the camcorder menu I'm missing?

Thanks.

Jon

Which device control are you using? The two I'd expect to work are M$ and TI...so you might consider switching one for the other.

Also remember that Sony's idea of a "standard IEEE-1394 device control" isn't exactly what everyone else considers it to be.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

You may have more success with Export to tape. Sony have at least three sets of DV command functions, there being no standard. I have a Sony DVCAM deck and it took months of work by Ulead to even get it to accept an Export or Print to tape. Canon also use some unusual command sequences. This feature is chaotic and is a good excuse for having a standard.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Thanks, guys. Using MS1394 device control. The TI doesn't seem to recognize Sony. But, I got it to export to DV. Never used that function before. Looks like I'm all set. Again, I owe you Brian.

Jon

Comment

Working...
        X