Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G550 [VGA+DVI] coupled with Apple 20" [DVI]

Morning folks,

I've been asked by a good friend of mine to check out his newly acquired Apple 20" display [the alum. DVI only variant]. His Mac refuses to drive it and we've come to the conclusion that inorder to do so he will require a VGA to DVI converter unit - but for now I would like to give it a go on my Windows box which is powered by a G550; the variant with both a standard VGA connector and a DVI connector one.

I've whipped out my VGA monitor and hooked up the ACD direct to the DVI port but no joy!? At this point I'm thinking what the heck am I doing wrong?? So please, someone out there with a little more knowledge, please enlighten me as to what it is I am doing wrong!!!

Many thanks in advance

I don't think G550 can output through DVI the resolution of Apple 20" display...

edit: yep:
    G550 DVI max: 1280 x 1024
    20-inch Cinema Display: 1680x1050
    Last edited by Nowhere; 15 May 2005, 03:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
      I don't think G550 can output through DVI the resolution of Apple 20" display...

edit: yep:
      G550 DVI max: 1280 x 1024
      20-inch Cinema Display: 1680x1050
      Hi Nowhere, many thanks for the reply [and apologies for the delay in acknowledgement!!] -- I'm going to take the monitor to work where we've an oldish ATI FireGL thingy that I'm guessing 'should' be able to power it.

Many thanks once again.

Comment

Working...
      X