Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Application for making dvd's from photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application for making dvd's from photos?

Hello all,

I'm looking for an application that will let me make dvd's from digital photos.

An ordinary dvd authoring application will not do because I'm talking about thousands of photos here and I'll need to do some batch processing (such as rotating and zooming).
    Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

I suggest you try two Ulead apps: PhotoImpact for the editing and CD & DVD PictureShow for the authoring. http://www.ulead.com
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

You can try this also:
      MAGIX Software - your ideal apps for producing, designing, archiving and presenting your videos, music, photos, graphics or websites.

Comment

Yup...PhotoImpact can do batch processing (they're called Tasks), but don't sniff at programs like the freeware Irfan View image viewer which can do batch processing and basic image manipulations (flips, rotation, resolution changes, gamma, brightness, contrast, create panoramas, grayscale, color map swapping, some basic filters etc. etc.).

Uleads VideoStudio 9, DVD Workshop 2, DVD Workshop 2 Express and DVD MovieFactory 4 can produce slideshows as well.

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 May 2005, 07:21.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Photo2DVDstudio

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
            Yup...PhotoImpact can do batch processing (they're called Tasks), but don't sniff at programs like the freeware Irfan View image viewer which can do batch processing and basic image manipulations (flips, rotation, resolution changes, gamma, brightness, contrast, create panoramas, grayscale, color map swapping, some basic filters etc. etc.).

Uleads VideoStudio 9, DVD Workshop 2, DVD Workshop 2 Express and DVD MovieFactory 4 can produce slideshows as well.

Dr. Mordrid
            Nero 6 (which is included with some DVD burners) can also make DVD slideshows. (As far as I know, it does not do batch processing, however.)

Tony

Comment

Does any of these applications support zooming /cropping of photos, and red-eye removal?

BTW, while googling, I found this:

Last edited by Flying dutchman; 18 May 2005, 23:44.
              Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying dutchman
                Does any of these applications support zooming /cropping of photos, and red-eye removal?

BTW, while googling, I found this:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...y/default.mspx
                As far as I know, Nero doesn't do red-eye removal or the "Ken Burn's effect" (i.e. smooth panning). It does provide zooming/cropping, limited titles, and various filters but I think these have to be done on a per-photo basis. (Transition effects between photos, however, can be applied globally.)

The interface is rather quirky and I wouldn't necessarily suggest that you run out and buy the software. However, if you already have a copy of Nero 6, it may be worth trying out.

Tony

Comment

PhotoImpact has a good red eye feature. For pan and zoom, you really need an editor, but I think PictureShow does offer some control of this. Suggest you look at the specs in the link I gave earlier to check whether this would suit you.
                  Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
                  X