The PIT the hero???? Indifferent Policing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PIT the hero???? Indifferent Policing

These days I don't go out very much becuase it's getting expensive and increasing racism from the Asian section puts a damper on things anyway making you feel rather unsafe.

Anyway walking home after an indifferent night I heard clear sounds of a girl in distress in the local park. For once the mobile was useful and I rang the Police and managed to convince them that they needed to attend as it sounded like an assult.

The Police hung up and I spotted a couple coming out of the park and I ran over asking them about the sit. By that time it had got a bit quieter and they went "I think they're messing around" Not convinced I went in the park and spotted a pen torch ahead of me on the path.

Running I challenged the group of people around someone on the floor. God knows why completly unlike me and it turns out a girl had collasped with an asama attack.

Being asmatic myself I can deal with that. I stopped her panicing getting her relax completly which got her breathing under control. A quick puff on my inhaler and she recovered completly.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

where was her puffer?
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
      where was her puffer?

well done TP

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
        where was her puffer?
        She didn't have it on her luckily I had mine.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Speaking as an asthmatic myself; good job old man

NOBODY who's not an asthmatic, or related to one, can really understand how scary an attack is, not to mention them being potentially lethal.

50,000 people a year die from asthma attacks in just the US. That's more than a lot of very high profile diseases.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I'm not asthmatic but I've had lung infections an I know what it's like to not be able to breathe.

I don't understand why an asthmatic would leave the house without her puffer.

Seems irresponsible to me.

Good job though, The PIT! I hope that girl was grateful.
            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Not all asthmatics require an inhaler at all times, nor do all cases of asthma have the same cause - ranging from allergies to stress. I suffer from asthma myself; however, I've only had one serious attack, which happened to be how I was diagnosed. It's been well over 5 years since I've required the use of an inhaler.

Good thinking on all counts PIT.
              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

I've only ever had one attack and ironically that was the time I forgot my inhaler. You do forget things. One of the times that the self relaxtion techniques I'd been taught came to the rescue.

Mostly I just suffer from chest pains and difficulty breathing at night. I very rarely use the inhaler.

One thing I know I could stand next to them in a pub and since it was dark I wouldn't reconise them or they me no doubt.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Good stuff TP!!! The world needs more people like you, who actually cares about one another.

Well done!

Regards,
                  Elie

Comment

Nice job Pit.

On a side note:
                    Any of you other asthma sufferers ever use Advair Diskus? I've been on it for a few months now and it has helped a lot. I used to have a hard time breathing after any physical activity, but after only a couple weeks I haven't had to use my inhaler.
                    Sounds like a commercial, but damn that stuff is pretty good for me. Downside is that it is hella expensive. After insurance coverage I still pay $30 US for it. Doc says there are alternatives, but the diskus advair uses delivers the meds way more efficiently than the other brands.
                    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Not always a good option;

Important information about ADVAIR

ADVAIR won't replace fast-acting inhalers for sudden symptoms and should not be taken more than twice a day. Rare but serious asthma episodes and asthma-related fatalities occurred in a study with SEREVENT®, one of the components of ADVAIR. While adjusting to a switch from an oral steroid, like prednisone, to the inhaled steroid in ADVAIR, be very careful, as you may be less able to heal after surgery, infection, or serious injury.

Tell your doctor if you have a heart condition or high blood pressure. Some people may experience increased blood pressure, heart rate, or changes in heart rhythm. See your doctor if your asthma does not improve. ADVAIR is for patients 4 years and older. For patients 4 to 11 years old, ADVAIR 100/50 is for those who have asthma symptoms while on an inhaled corticosteroid.
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Well done TP!

DM: I take fluticasone and salmeterol as a combination therapy.
                        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                        X