Going on holiday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going on holiday...

Well, that time of the year has come again...after a long period of 7-day-a-week study & work, I'll be heading back home and dropping by the wonderfully wicked burg called Moscow on the way back...

On the down side, I should probably prepare myself for an anal probe when I get to their airport, I've never seen such ****ed up birocracy just to get into a country as a tourist.
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Are you serious? This happens now?

Comment

Roflmao
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Enjoy your vacation, but please read my resonse to your questions in the investing thread and reply before you go
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Huh? I didn't post in the investing thread...

KvH, just imagine this: besides the normal visa costs and procedure, they force you to pay 100$ for a so-called "tourist voucher" which you need in order to get the visa...when you apply for the voucher at the authorized travel agency, they take all your personal info and copy your passport and telex it to Russia. The idea is supposed to be that everyone should book a room in one of their 100-150 Euro/night hotels before going - I don't need a hotel since I'll by staying at my girl's place, but they still forced me to pay 100$ for the voucher. Basically they're making me pay for my personal police file, at least all the other countries have the decency to make it by themselves
          All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Oops, I thought Umfriend started this thread, my bad!
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by lecter
              Basically they're making me pay for my personal police file, at least all the other countries have the decency to make it by themselves
              That's Capitalism for you!
              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
              X