Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed up with Premier - What alternative

What should I use... Just want a prog for cutting together MPG clips
    Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Pentium 4 3GHz, 2Gb DDRRAM, Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ 512MB, Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital, 3x Iiyama 4637 18.1" TFTs, Audigy 2 ZS, Matrox RT.x100, Silentmaxx Acoustic Case

If you want just to cut clips use VirtualDub mod.

Comment

Pegasys, the makers of the TMPGEnc MPEG encoder, have recently come out with the TMPGEnc MPEG Editor;

TMPGEnc,tmpg,mpg,mpeg,encoder,TMPG,tmpgenc,video,DVD-Video,AVI,movie,movies,editor,edit

The download is trialware which will give you 14 days to evaluate the software before purchase.

It's new and I haven't tried it yet,bvut if the other TMPGEnc products are any indication it'll be very good at what it does.

It also seems to support the TMPGEnc AC3 encoder plugin.

Other than that Uleads VideoStudio or MediaStudio Pro can edit MPEG better than Premiere can, but as you know it doesn't take much to do that

Dr. Mordrid
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 12 May 2005, 15:46.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I've used VirtualDub before... found it didn't like my PC :-(

Will give TMPGEnc MPEG Editor and let you know how I get on.

Just spent 15 minutes with Video Studio 9... it crashed :-(
        Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Pentium 4 3GHz, 2Gb DDRRAM, Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ 512MB, Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital, 3x Iiyama 4637 18.1" TFTs, Audigy 2 ZS, Matrox RT.x100, Silentmaxx Acoustic Case

Comment

TMPGEnc MPEG Editor is fast, easy and straight forward...

Love it!

Just needs an AVI output...

Comment

Did I mention it was fast!!!

Comment

In addition to TMPGEnc MPEG Encoder, I'd strongly recommend that you check out the demo version of VideoRedo (www.videoredo.com) as well. It has a large number of satisfied users (including myself - I use it almost every day) and a justified reputation of being one of the best-supported software applications around.

The next release (currently in beta) includes features such as: automatic commercial detection; thumbnails (with audio level indicators), and real-time previews of edits.

Unlike TMPGEnc, it does not require a periodic license validation.

Tony

Comment

If you like speedy editing of mpeg files, may I suggest you take a
                look at Womble mpeg video wizard (www.womble.com).
                Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying dutchman
                  If you like speedy editing of mpeg files, may I suggest you take a
                  look at Womble mpeg video wizard (www.womble.com).
                  Still the flatout fastest I have seen yet.

There is a freeware program in the works called 'Mpeg2Schnitt' that looks pretty promising. I checked out one of the early betas and it looked like it wold edit without re-encoding which is a must for speed and quality. It is a german program so you may have to deal with some translations.
                  WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

MPEG2Schnitt is a great program. Don't worry about the German issue as it also has an English interface. The homepage though is German.

Added you should also consider a program called Cuttermaran. I basically use both next to one another as each has its adavantages and disadvantages.

MPEG2Schnitt is more userfriendly, has some usefull keyboard shortcuts and support multiple file selection. It will only work with MPEG2 though.

Cuttermaran also works with MPEG1, but is less userfriendly and has no keyboard shortcuts. In favor though is definitely its option to recode cut border areas, at least if you have TMPGEnc as your encoder. This feature also allows you to cut on ANY frame.

BOTH are freeware. Both though are cutting programs and as such will have none of the features normal NLE's will have like transition effects, text addidition, muliple tracks, ect.

Best regards, Leon

Comment

Working...
                    X