PC speaker question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC speaker question

I've no amplifier today. Can I some how use the PC speaker to hear sounds from TV or music?

No. And even if you could, you wouldn't want to.

Comment

Originally posted by chaoliang
      I've no amplifier today. Can I some how use the PC speaker to hear sounds from TV or music?
      If they are POWERED pc speakers then you can. You just need the right cable adapter to plug them into whatever is outputting your audio. If you are using a reciever, however, I would take it out of the equation until the amp is back and plug the PC speakers straight into the TV or CD player using RCA to 1/8" stereo adapters.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Then I have to wait.
        Thanks for the prompt answers!

Comment

Slightly OT: on Win3.1 there were sound drivers for PC (case) speaker, it worked although it slowed down UI to a halt.

Comment

Do you mean the little PC speaker that makes "beep", or do you mean computer speakers that stand next to your monitor?

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

The speaker that makes beeb.

Also StarControl II (the game from which my nick is from) had techno music and very cool sound effects on PC Speaker.

Comment

My HP48 can play simple music with it's piezo beeper without much trouble, but digitized audio sounds more like someone playing a sandpaper disk on a record player.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
                  Slightly OT: on Win3.1 there were sound drivers for PC (case) speaker, it worked although it slowed down UI to a halt.
                  Was it that bad performance wise? I remember using it on a 486DX2-66, and seem to recall it was usable...

FWIW, IIRC the first game that could manage digitized sounds through the PC speaker was Mach3:
                  You'll learn which technologies are right for your business and will help you increase sales, speed up transactions, reduce labor costs and protect your data.

I remember me and my friend sitting in awe when starting that game on his dad's 286 (was a very powerful system at the time; his dad ran Autocad 2 I believe) when we heard "Welcome to Mach 3" followed by some electronic music...

Jörg
                  pixar
                  Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I've been looking for the dam PC Speaker driver for win2k but it doesn't seem to exist. Here's a link for win9x/ME:

Comment

Working...
                    X