Firefox 1.04 Now Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 1.04 Now Available

For those of you that use Firefox and haven't checked lately, 1.04 is now available from the auto update feature and all the usual spots.

Doesn't look like any huge changes

Here's what's new in Firefox 1.0.4:

* Several security fixes.
    * Fix to DHTML errors encountered at some web sites.
    ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Does the auto update still downloads whole installation?

Comment

do the "several security fixex" fix the severly critical security flaw of 1.03?

Comment

Nowhere - Yeah, the Update feature in the options section still downloads the setup file.

Kurt - No Idea, I'm just simply someone who uses Firefox who happened to notice the update and thought i'd share.
        ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Delany
          Kurt - No Idea, I'm just simply someone who uses Firefox who happened to notice the update and thought i'd share.
          Oh, so you are not the az-equivalent regarding FireFox...?

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
            Oh, so you are not the az-equivalent regarding FireFox...?

Jörg
            I have a fun idea. What if az acted as Firefox prophet in the next few months?

Depending how you look at it, it could be the ultimate punishment

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
              Does the auto update still downloads whole installation?
              Yes. A patch-based updater planned for Firefox 1.1, I've heard.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Still got the Java bug.

So if I want too look at University accounts from home I'll have to use IE or Opera.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

TP, what's this Java bug all about?

Comment

If Java is not present says it needs a particular version but the download page is always to the newest version which does not work for what he uses. It was something like that.
                    Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 12 May 2005, 13:37.

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
                      If Java is not present says it needs a particular version but the download page is always to the newest version which does not work for what he uses. It was something like that.
                      Nearly right.

If application requests specially for version X of Java, Firefox will always try and install the latest version regardless. This happens each time you load the page/application.

Opera and IE don't do this but all Geko based browsers display this annoyance.
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Just wondering, does Mozilla knows about this and doesn't fix it?

And...what's the problem with running aps on latest Java VM?

Comment

See, the difference is I know about the upgrades I posted about. But I don't think I'll do that anymore.

AZ
                          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
                            Just wondering, does Mozilla knows about this and doesn't fix it?

And...what's the problem with running aps on latest Java VM?
                            Point one. I've posted it on Mozilla forums and several others had the same problem. Sadly no response.

Point two. None as long as you use IE or Opera. Just doesn't work with Firefox or any other Geko based browser.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by az
                              See, the difference is I know about the upgrades I posted about. But I don't think I'll do that anymore.

AZ

Eh? Looks like Az is in a bad mood for some reason.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X