If you build them, they will multiply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you build them, they will multiply

Here's a few links concerning the self-replicating robots that scientists at Cornell University have developed.

ABC News

BBC News
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Cornell University - Mpg Movie
    Sorry! We recently updated our site and it appears the page your were trying to reach has been moved or does not exist. The best thing to do is start again from the home page
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

interesting, but just being able to copy itself isn't enough.

it should be able to perform some other useful purpose and it should be able to learn from experience and pass that experience on to subsequent generations of itself.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
      interesting, but just being able to copy itself isn't enough.

it should be able to perform some other useful purpose and it should be able to learn from experience and pass that experience on to subsequent generations of itself.
      Ahh ... akin to the replicants on Stargate.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
        Ahh ... akin to the replicants on Stargate.
        I'd rather not see robots reach that level, at least not in my lifetime.
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Mhmmm...Borg nanoprobes

Comment

Yes,
            I was thinking of the replicators on sg1 - what a nice bunch of creatures these are, and they were originally meant to be toys.

Breeezer
            Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

According to the experts on the matter of Borg history their nanoprobes were originally meant as medical treatment
              Last edited by Nowhere; 12 May 2005, 06:10.

Comment

Working...
              X